School District No. 38 (Richmond)
School District No. 38 (Richmond)
Multimedia Graphic Designer
Recognized for its dedication to inclusion, diversity, and strong partnerships with the community, the Richmond School District is among one of the largest districts in British Columbia. With a deep history of high-quality experiences for students, the Richmond School District strives to provide the best education and future for every student.
This position designs, produces, and edits a variety of video, graphic art and communications materials for media publication, community distribution and District use. This position will support the Provincial Outreach Programs – Deafblind and Early Intervention in the design and operationalization of multimedia resources with specific emphasis on video production and web-based print materials.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops custom video, graphic art and multimedia material from conceptual stage to camera- ready layout stage or electronic/web-ready stage. Materials designed or edited may require uploading to websites, District Portal or other communication mediums.
- Obtains budget estimates and printing specifications. Consults with and directs commercial print services to ensure District printing needs are met.
- Adapts existing graphic elements with newly created graphics to completed graphic/digital projects.
- Analyzes graphic design requests from District staff to determine project feasibility, budget, time constraints and specifications.
- Performs research to provide technical and graphical advice on design considerations.
- Designs and produces a variety of complex print, graphic and multimedia materials such as brochures, newsletters, catalogues, posters, advertisements, DVD’s, web files and other communications materials for District staff using a variety of computer software and peripheral equipment.
- Maintains current knowledge of technical developments and procedures in the graphic and multimedia design field.
- Ensures all work is properly filed and maintained for east of retrieval.
- Ensures district policies and provincial and federal laws are adhered to when publishing information digitally and in print. Maintains current relevant knowledge of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIPPA).
- Performs other job-related duties of comparable difficulty, importance and responsibility as required.
- Grade 12 supplemented by recent course work and a post-secondary diploma or degree in visual communications, fine arts and graphic and web design from a recognized institution plus a minimum of three (3) years relevant and in-depth experience, including graphic and web design, desktop publishing and photography.
- Recent and extensive experience of computer software applications and equipment that is used and applicable to this position.
- Recent and extensive experience in electronic, pre-press and print production processes.
- Proven design ability as evidenced by a portfolio of completed work.
- Strong proofreading and detailed-oriented skills and the ability to perform work with accuracy and speed.
- Ability to organize workload, work under periodic pressure and perform duties with minimal supervision.
This unionized position is a permanent, 10-month, 35 hr/week assignment with a liberal benefit package including Municipal Pension, health, vacation and sick benefits.
The successful applicant is required to consent to a Criminal Record Search prior to employment. We appreciate the submission of all applicants but advise only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please apply at https://bit.ly/3pku2in by February 19th, 2021.
The Richmond School District is the best place to learn and lead.
View Original Source Source