Status: Regular Full Time
Department: Engineering Operations
Salary: $39.68 per hour
Closing: November 1, 2020
Come grow with us! Are you a team player with a “can do attitude”, excellent communication & great customer service skills? We have the perfect opportunity for you!
The City of Maple Ridge’s Engineering Operations Department is seeking a permanent full time Millwright reporting to the Electro/Mechanical Manager. This is skilled work at the journeyman level. You will be responsible for performing regular inspections, servicing, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair duties at City water reservoir and PRV sites, water, sewage and drainage pumping stations. Checks and tests pumps, valves, screens and equipment for proper operation; records stations and equipment conditions; reads and logs data from various meters and gauges; and makes adjustments to same to maintain established standards.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Completion of Grade 12 supplemented by technical courses related to the work, plus completion of a Canadian recognized Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) Apprenticeship, and considerable related experience in an industrial or public works environment as a journeyman Millwright; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Thorough knowledge of the standard methods, best practices, materials, tools and equipment used in the Millwright trade.
- Considerable knowledge of the applicable rules, regulations, policies and standards governing the work performed.
- Considerable knowledge of the hazards and proper safety precautions required for the work.
- Considerable knowledge of the standard practices, methods, tools and equipment used in the maintenance, repair, inspection and operation of a variety of pumping and pressure reducing stations.
- Ability to prepare, update and maintain records and drawings related to the work, estimate materials required and requisition parts and materials.
- Ability to read and interpret blue-prints, drawings, diagrams and layouts.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Ability to supervise one or more subordinates.
- Considerable knowledge in the operation and maintenance of tools, materials and equipment essential to the work performed.
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose malfunctions in equipment and machinery.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with the public and other staff.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
LICENCES & CERTIFICATES:
BC Certificate of Apprenticeship (Millwright), BC Certificate of Trades Qualification (Millwright), and/or Interprovincial Red Seal credential in Millwright.
Class 5 Driver’s License for the Province of British Columbia.
The preferred candidate will possess completion of grade 12 supplemented by technical courses related to the work, plus a Millwright BC and IP Red Seal, as well as considerable related experience in an industrial or public works environment.
HOURS OF WORK:
40 hours per week.
View Original Source Source