Mechanic 3 – Skilled
West Vancouver is an attractive community on the North Shore! It is home to some of the region’s best parks and recreation locations. At the District of West Vancouver, we’re looking for employees that have a passion for public service and strive to make a difference. Our team of dedicated staff deliver services, operate facilities and run the programs that make West Vancouver a great place to live.
The West Vancouver Engineering & Transportation Department is currently seeking a temporary full time mechanic to join our highly qualified team. This position will perform duties related to automotive and heavy duty mechanical work at the journeyman level. This involves overhaul, repair and maintenance on all types of Municipal equipment in the shop or in the field. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Troubleshooting, maintenance and repair work on all types of Municipal vehicles and equipment
- Carrying out safety inspections and performing preventative maintenance on Municipal equipment
- Installing, repairing and adjusting hydraulic systems on Municipal equipment
- Performing a variety of gas and electrical welding tasks common to mechanical shop work
- Submitting reports and maintenance records as required
- Performing other related duties as required
The preferred candidate will possess or have the ability to obtain and retain the following:
- Commercial Vehicle Safety & Enforcement Inspection Certificate
- Valid British Columbia Class 3 Driver’s Licence with Air Brake endorsement
- British Columbia Department of Labour Certification of Qualification in Automotive Mechanical Repair, Heavy Duty Mechanical Repair or Commercial Transport Vehicle Mechanic
The successful candidate will hold a Senior Secondary School Graduation, supplemented by technical courses related to mechanical work, completion of a recognized apprenticeship to the trade and considerable general experience in automotive and heavy duty mechanical and electrical work, including oxy-acetylene and electrical welding courses.
This posting does not list all the duties of the position, nor does it fully detail the required skills, knowledge and abilities, licenses and certificates required of candidates. For details please refer to the Class Specification which is available for inspection in the Human Resources Department or on Westnet.
The successful candidate will be required to supply a criminal record check, driver’s abstract and a copy of their credentials.
Union (WVMEA) – Temporary Full-Time
Hours of Work:
40 hours per week (hours and days of work may vary)
Rate of Pay:
$39.64 per hour
11:59 p.m. Sunday, January 3, 2021
Please visit the District of West Vancouver’s Career Centre at westvancouver.ca/careers to apply for this position.
We want to thank all applicants, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
View Original Source Source