Requisition ID: 28974
Located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh), Vancouver has a commitment to becoming a City of Reconciliation. Vancouver consistently ranks as one of the world’s most liveable cities and is working towards being the greenest city in the world. Named among Canada’s Top 100 Employers, BC’s Top Employers, and Canada’s Greenest Employers, the City of Vancouver seeks colleagues who can help shape and embody our core commitments to sustainability, decolonization, equity and outstanding quality of life for all residents.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose and Function
The Manager, Security Programs is responsible for the delivery of all site-based protection and security services within an assigned portfolio. In consultation with stakeholders, this position is responsible for the development and implementation of policies, procedures and security plans, while promoting a culture of safety of security within the assigned portfolio. Including both strategic and operational aspects of security, this role provides integrated advisory and oversight functions to deliver established targets.
Strategic and Operational Planning
- Works with business partners and portfolio leadership to understand and anticipate their business needs and develop and implement security plans to achieve assigned goals and objectives.
- Oversees the development and delivery of security operating plans, establishing clear targets and measures in alignment with operating level agreements.
- Develops and implements mitigation strategies, policies and procedures to ensure the physical protection of people, assets and information within the assigned portfolio.
- Leads the implementation of effective loss prevention programs by overseeing loss investigations, implementing risk reduction strategies and assessing financial and other related losses.
- Recommends and supports the implementation of site specific protective or corrective measures based on results of Security Vulnerability and/or Threat Risk Assessments, trends, incidents and survey results across the assigned portfolio
Leadership and Management
- Leads the implementation of operations programs and sets short and long-range goals and objectives, policies, procedures and standards to support the vision of CPS and the management of the assigned portfolio.
- Develops and manages reporting security staff, as applicable, including selection, training, coaching, and performance management and all other people practices.
- Ensures all reporting security staff meets and maintain minimum qualifications, training requirements and up-to-date knowledge of current technology, techniques and tools.
- Leads the day to day delivery of programs, services and activities for City Protective Services, with the assigned portfolio.
- Provides leadership to ensure the effective management of significant security incidents or events.
- Provides strategic oversight to the management of known events such as demonstrations, protests or threats to City staff, elected officials and assets.
- Acts as a liaison and provides consultative advice regarding security/protection activities; participates in the development of action plans regarding security issues including the investigation and determination of appropriate outcomes; provides advice to and participates with Labour Relations, Directors, Managers and others in security investigations and activities involving staff.
- Requests and oversees the efficient use and deployment of contracted security staff, through the integrated security contract
- Develops and implements innovative business solutions, programs and services, provides leadership and oversight on projects, and collaborates with others on integrated solutions and initiatives across the City of Vancouver.
- Provides after hours on-call function for City Protective Services as assigned.
- Develops and monitors budget and expenses for assigned portfolio; flags and escalates issues to Senior Manager, Security Operations as necessary
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary education in a related field, preferably an Undergraduate Degree or equivalent education and experience
- Industry recognized memberships (ex. ASIS, CATAP, etc.) and professional certification preferred
- Extensive management experience in security operations, or security program development (minimum 5 years) in both contract and corporate environments
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to develop and foster relationships and collaborate with client groups and colleagues
- Working knowledge of related legislation and statutes
- Knowledge of risk management concepts and practices
- Working knowledge of related legislation and statutes
- Subject matter expertise of key components of a security management plan and security program development, as well as a strong understanding of use and limitations of systems technology, including alarms, access control, CCTV as well as the integration of same
- Ability to handle confidential and/or sensitive information with a high degree of discretion and impartially
- Ability to converse with, writes reports for, and create/deliver presentations in ways that support problem solving and planning
- Ability to exercise tact and discretion and work effectively within a team environment
- Ability to prepare and deliver training material
- Ability to supervise and coordinate subordinate staff in a variety of work locations
- Skilled in conflict resolution and the ability to identify potential pitfalls and problems areas
- Good computer skills and working knowledge of computer information access and protection
Drivers License and Record Checks
- A valid BC Driver’s License is required. The license must not include any restrictions that would affect the ability to legally and safely carry out job responsibilities.
- A Police Record Check is a requirement of this position. A Clearance requires the absence of any criminal charges or convictions related to this position.
Business Unit/Department: Real Estate & Facilities Mgmt (1100)
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Position Start Date: June, 2021
Application Close: April 28, 2021
At the City of Vancouver, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. Indigenous applicants, people of colour, all genders, LGBT2Q+ and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Accommodations will be provided upon request during the selection process. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
To be considered for this exciting and impactful career opportunity with a generous benefits package, please apply on our careers site.
View Original Source Source