Manager of Revenue Services
Find out why our AMAZING employees love working for the City of Port Coquitlam!
Affectionately known as “PoCo”, we are an award-winning values-based organization made up of a diverse and dedicated team of people who care deeply about the community they serve.
We are in the business of delivering seamless municipal services that enrich the lives of all who live, learn, work and play in Port Coquitlam. As the Manager of Revenue Services, you will be responsible for the strategic analysis, calculation, and collection of the City’s property taxes, utility fees and other fees and charges, in addition to the day to day operations and customer service of these and other revenue processes and systems, including cemetery sales. This position calls for a collaborative and inclusive leader with a strong ability to work cross-functionally, mentor a team of dedicated customer focused staff and influence decision making at various levels of the organization.
In a typical day, the Manager of Revenue Services will take measures to maximize revenue collections, such as improved payment processing, assess revenue implications of potential changes in legislation, develop operating and capital budgets and conduct annual tax sale of properties with extraordinary customer service to both internal and external customers.
If many of the following characteristics and skills describe you, we want to meet you!
- With your advanced analytical skills, you are able to transform raw data into actionable insights by building forecasting models, proactively identifying opportunities, evaluating trends and proposing outcomes for sound business decisions/solutions.
- You are skilled in ERP systems, data management, application integration, MS Office software and experience in Tempest, which would be considered an asset.
- You integrate continuous improvement into your professional practice which allows you to gauge and solve problems utilizing strategic planning and analysis of regulations, financial resources and markets.
- You have a thorough understanding of local government accounting, financial services and business processes including a broad understanding of the Local Government Act, Community Charter, Public Sector Accounting Board standards, and other statutory requirements and regulations governing municipalities.
- You have strong relationship building skills and are able to work effectively with a variety of stakeholders including government, business, elected officials, staff, external auditors and the general public.
- You skillfully and confidently communicate with your stakeholders to articulate financial concepts and data to ensure your key message is understood.
- You have strong organizational, time management, problem solving and decision-making skills that allows you to effectively handle a variety of competing tasks and priorities with the ability while completing your work with a high degree of accuracy.
- You have at least five years’ experience in revenue services at the management level in a local government or public sector environment.
- You have a passion for growing, developing and empowering staff.
- You lead with integrity, “walk the talk” and expect the same of others.
- You have a professional accounting designation.
Why should you consider working for us?
- Our organization is the ideal size for you to make a difference and have an impact.
- We have a strong learning culture and want our people to grow and succeed.
- We take our work seriously but not ourselves and have a positive attitude about the work we perform.
- We offer a comprehensive benefit package including an indexed pension and competitive annual salary and embrace a holistic approach to work and life outside of work.
Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply online including a one-page letter demonstrating how their qualifications and experience match the position by January 31, 2021 at www.portcoquitlam.ca/cityjobs quoting competition number 21-004e.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
The City of Port Coquitlam will conduct a criminal record check.
To apply click on the link
View Original Source Source