Manager of Human Resources, Employee Engagement & Experience
Status: Regular Full Time Exempt
Department: Human Resources
Closing: January 10, 2021
Come grow with us! Are you a team player with a “can do attitude”, excellent communication & great customer service skills? We have the perfect opportunity for you!
The City of Maple Ridge is growing as both a municipality and an organization. Our employees are our greatest strength and ensuring a quality employee experience and engagement is very important to the success of the City.
In this exciting new role, and as part of the HR management team, the successful candidate provides leadership in the development, oversight and delivery of a full suite of employee engagement solutions that reinforce the City’s culture and help to achieve business objectives. As the Manager of Employee Engagement and Experience, you will work on a diverse mix of projects and programs aimed at driving employee engagement and retention enhancing the employee experience.
This strategic HR role requires a mature and adaptable HR leader who understands all areas of human resources services, best practices, has a high level of initiative, strong work ethic, and displays common sense and good judgment. Outstanding interpersonal, communication, and analytical skills are required. High energy and creativity are important personal attributes.
YOU’LL BE A FANTASTIC MATCH FOR THIS ROLE IF YOU BRING:
- Degree or Diploma (supplemented by 5 or more years’ related management experience) in Human Resources or combination of related education and experience;
- 3 to 5 years in management; and,
- Public Sector and Municipal experience
- Passion for developing an organizational culture that is rooted in the HR service standard of “we care”
- Ability to lead and be proactive
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong desire for collaboration and teamwork
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate information visually
- Desire to champion new employee engagement strategies
- Creativity and willingness to try new things
- Ability to balance multiple priorities simultaneously
- Ability to follow through on commitments and meet assigned deadlines
- Comfortable with consistent change
- Strong desire to problem solve, execute, and drive results
- Ability to be forthright when something is not working effectively
- High degree of organizational and time management skills
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Degree or Diploma (supplemented by 5+ year’s related management experience) in Human Resources or combination of related education and experience;
- 3 to 5 years in management; and,
- Public Sector and Municipal experience will be considered an asset.
- CPHR Designation; and,
- Lean Certification
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
Maple Ridge is a great place to work with competitive compensation packages that include the municipal pension plan, a strong employee wellness program and the opportunity for professional career growth and professional development.
As one of the fastest growing Municipalities in the region, this management position presents an amazing opportunity for an individual who wants to help shape a growing community. If you want to help shape a growing community in a municipality that strives for service excellence, then this is the position for you.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
View Original Source Source