School District No. 27 (Cariboo-Chilcotin)
Board of Education of
School District No. 27 (Cariboo-Chilcotin
Manager of Facilities
School District No. 27 (Cariboo-Chilcotin) is seeking applications for the excluded permanent position of Manager of Facilities. Reporting to the Secretary Treasurer, the successful applicant is responsible for the organization of the Facilities Department and for the coordination of all matters related to occupational health and safety.
Located in the Central Interior of British Columbia Canada, SD No. 27 supports two central communities / commercial areas (100 Mile House and Williams Lake) and many outlying communities throughout the region. The school district serves approximately 4,600 students in 22 schools and operates under an annual budget of approximately $54 million dollars.
- Organize, direct and supervise the Facilities Department, including Transportation and Custodial
- Prepare and implement the District Capital Plans
- Manage operating and capital funds and budgets
- Manage and administer contract documentation including correspondence, plans and specifications, approval documentation, contractual notices and invoices
- Liaise with external partners including the Ministry of Education, City and Municipal authorities, Consultants, and School Administration
- Ensure district compliance on WorkSafe BC regulations and building codes
- Work closely with Human Resources to adhere to policies and procedures
- Any and all other related duties assigned by the Secretary Treasurer
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Possess a professional designation in one of the areas of responsibility and/ or Inter-Provincial Trade Qualification
- A minimum of five years management experience in a unionized environment
- Considerable experience in construction, maintenance and project management
- Successful experience in developing short and long term plans
- Proven ability to manage projects on budget and on time
- Proven ability to supervise, discipline and evaluate the work of unionized staff
- Proven ability to work in a team setting, recognizing individual strengths and skills and utilizing such skills to benefit the department and District
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships and demonstrate skill and aptitude in dispute resolution
- Proven ability to plan, organize and implement preventative maintenance programs
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Ability to seek and innovative solutions for problems and exercise judgement and action in performance of all duties
- Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Office suite, including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Thorough knowledge of WorkSafe BC and BC Building Code regulations
- Valid BC Driver’s License
We offer a competitive salary including a comprehensive benefits package and further growth and advancement opportunities. To explore this career opportunity, please submit an application, complete with resume, documentation supporting credentials and three professional references by Friday, January 8, 2021. Interested candidates may submit their application through Make a Future at https://bit.ly/3acG9tg.
School District No. 27 appreciates the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful applicants will be subject to a criminal record check.
View Original Source Source