Manager of Corporate Administration
The Regional District of Kootenay Boundary, comprising five electoral areas and eight municipalities with a total population of 31,447 residents, is seeking a progressive and accomplished professional to join our team as Manager of Corporate Administration (Corporate Officer), due to the imminent retirement of the incumbent. Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, the Manager of Corporate Administration is primarily responsible for effectively fulfilling the duties of the corporate officer, as described in Section 236 of the Local Government Act and for providing strong leadership to the department and the organization. This is an excellent opportunity for a dedicated and experienced local government manager who would be assuming a key role in the management team of an innovative regional district that is responsible for delivering a wide range of regional, sub-regional, and electoral area services. A key component of the position is providing professional leadership, guidance and support to the District’s Administration team.
The ideal candidate will have:
- a university degree in public administration or a relevant discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- a Certificate in Local Government Administration through the Provincial Board of Examiners;
- a track record of growth and success in progressively senior roles, including supervisory experience, preferably in a local government administration environment;
- knowledge of, and ability to effectively interpret, legislation relating to local government;
- excellent communications skills;
- a customer-centric perspective; and
- tact and diplomacy in working with elected officials, employees, and the public.
The Regional District offers an excellent compensation and benefits package. Interested candidates should submit a detailed resume and cover letter by 4:00 pm, Friday, November 27, 2020, to:
Mark Andison, Chief Administrative Officer
Regional District of Kootenay Boundary
843 Rossland Ave.
Trail, BC V1R 4S8
For a detailed job description and more information on the Regional District of Kootenay Boundary, please visit www.rdkb.com We thank all applicants for their interest, however only candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View Original Source Source