School District No. 34 (Abbotsford)
School District No. 34 (Abbotsford)
Manager, IT Infrastructure
Reporting to the Director of Information Technology, the Manager, IT Infrastructure, will be responsible for managing all aspects of IT Infrastructure with a focus on providing exceptional customer service and end user experiences. The position has the overall responsibility for managing and supporting the Abbotsford School District’s data center operations, cloud infrastructure, telecommunication services, infrastructure team, disaster recovery, workplace & productivity tools, and services delivery to all company end-users and business affiliates.
Under the general direction of and in consultation with the Director of Information Technology, is directly responsible for the following activities:
- Provide leadership, oversight, and hands-on day-to-day management including but not limited to the network & system infrastructure operations, IT core infrastructure, data centers, backups, monitoring, disaster recovery and business continuity;
- Identify, document, and create administrative processes and procedures for all infrastructure components;
- Manage remote office infrastructure and plan for cloud-first adoption of IT services;
- Work with the IT Infrastructure team to support remote connectivity and provide guidance on systems, networks and overall operations;
- Provide input and guidance for IT infrastructure & integration with Abbotsford School District and its organizations;
- Create, update, and enhance IT procedures and policies, as well as plan and execute preventative maintenance activities and initiatives;
- Effectively communicate information systems status, issues and recommendations for change to business customers, other IT managers, and staff on a routine basis;
- Assist with the preparation of the annual operating budget for the IT Department and manage budget expenditures;
- Coach staff by identifying additional skills, training and development plans;
- Design and implement high availability of systems and networking where applicable for redundant IT operations;
- Research and implement new and emerging technologies beneficial to the company’s IT environment;
- Provide tier 3 escalated infrastructure support to the business.
QUALIFICATIONS AND POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Completion of a Degree or 2 year Diploma in the Information Technology field or MCSE, VCP- DCV, CCNP;
- Current industry certification in at least one of the following: Project Management, IT Security, COBIT5, ITIL;
- Minimum 5 years Information Management experience;
- Minimum 2 years supervisory or management experience;
- Successful completion of a supervisory or management skills credit course;
- Experience in strategic planning, budgeting, developing goals, and identifying measurable objectives;
- Experience managing and implementing cloud, on-premise, hosted and hybrid IT infrastructure
- Experience managing and deploying Microsoft O365 services and Single Sign-On;
- Strong understanding of telecommunication systems, including IP telephony, PBX phone systems, SIP, and wireless communications;
- Experience with Business Continuity Planning and Data Centre contingencies – data backup, alternative site and data replication strategies;
- Experience with implementing network & system monitoring tools;
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft SQL Server, Veeam backup solution;
- Experience with firewalls, routers, switching environments utilizing technology from Palo Alto, HPE/Aruba;
- Scripting – PowerShell experience is an asset;
- Advanced knowledge and experience in working with Microsoft Word, Excel, Windows;
- Working knowledge of WHMIS and Worksafe BC Occupational health and safety regulations and the demonstrated ability to work in a manner that recognizes personal safety and the safety of others;
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with all internal and external contacts;
- Ability to use tact and discretion and maintain confidentiality;
- Positive interpersonal and leadership skills, and the ability to develop teams and foster an environment which promotes team work;
- Ability to explain complex or simple instructions or information clearly to others;
- Ability to positively resolve conflict situations;
- Understanding and awareness of cultural diversity;
- Proven ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, and to provide service and relationship to the public and School District in a professional, respectful, positive and courteous manner
- Valid class 5 British Columbia driver’s license.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent flexible benefits package.
Quoting competition number E 21 OPS 002 REG, interested applicants should submit a detailed resume with a cover letter and supporting documents no later than 4:30 P.M., Wednesday, October 14, 2020.
FORWARD APPLICATIONS VIA E-MAIL TO: Human Resources Department: firstname.lastname@example.org
Individuals not currently employed by School District No. 34 (Abbotsford), are required to sign an “Authorization for Criminal
Record Search” to permit a criminal record review. The interest of all applicants is appreciated; however, acknowledgements will only be made to those selected for interviews.
View Original Source Source