Manager, Housing Facilities & Maintenance
Planning & Protective Services – Regional Housing
$86,775 to $102,088 annually (2021 rates)
Review of applications begins
4:00pm on February 5, 2021, but the position will remain open until filled.
Make a difference and become a part of the Capital Region Housing Corporation’s (CRHC) vibrant future! A future where you support the strategic direction of creating a shared regional response to issues of housing affordability and homelessness. Join a team of leaders who are champions for creating a service oriented organization that makes a difference in our community. Located in beautiful Victoria, BC one of the world’s premier places to live, work and visit, we are an outcome driven, high performance organization respected for its commitment to the residents, businesses and local governments we service and the service we provide.
This position is responsible for the direction and supervision of the Property Management – Maintenance & Facilities Team in responding to the efficient running of residential buildings within the Capital Region Housing Corporations rental stock. This position regularly, communicates, collaborates, and coordinates with the Manager, Operations and other CRHC staff to achieve a strong team culture to ensure the strategic, operational and fiscal goals are met. Manages operating budgets and capital plans.
This position requires a clear criminal record check to work with vulnerable populations. The applicant/incumbent will be required to undergo a criminal record check in order to work in this position and to report to their supervisor if any criminal charges are laid against them that may be related to their employment in this position.
- Oversees directs and supervises all Maintenance & Facilities staff to ensure the maintenance and repair of residential housing stock to meet all legislated responsibilities in a fiscally responsible manner; including after-hours emergency support to standby staff, as required.
- Ensures policies, processes and systems are adhered to, to ensure residential housing units and buildings are maintained to the required standards of good repair including health and safety requirements.
- Manages, tracks and updates Regional Housing’s assets; reporting on operational and comprehensive maintenance status for all facilities. Provides presentations, briefing notes and project summaries as required.
- Assists with the development, implementation and fulfilment of the Regional Housing Operational Plan, Annual Operating & Capital Budgets, Annual Report, specific to assigned responsibilities; assists with the development of operational objectives and long range plans.
- Evaluates Key Performance Indicators for the Maintenance & Facilities team.
- Responsible for the leadership and management of employees and contractors within area of responsibility, including employment and labour relations matters involving: employee hiring, promotion, demotion and other personnel matters; discipline and discharge; representing management in the grievance procedure; input on behalf of management into labour relations matters, and representing management on committees; maintaining Employer confidentiality; and developing, supporting and implementing various corporate and legislated policies, procedures and practices.
- As a member of the Regional Housing management team, works collaboratively with all CRHC staff and other managers to ensure division strategic, operating and business objectives are well coordinated and resources are managed to create a highly functioning fiscally responsible organization.
- Follows all policies, procedures and standards of the CRD
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Technical diploma and a minimum of 5-7 years management experience in facilities management including experience in electrical, mechanical and/or construction fields. Experience with managing capital projects and leading staff is required.
- Experience with managing residential housing or social housing programs is an asset.
- Valid BC Driver’s License required.
Role-specific Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Solid project management skills including extensive management of contractors, building maintenance and systems repairs.
- Significant and demonstrated leadership experience in a unionized environment.
- Extensive residential property management experience with a firm understanding of the Residential Tenancy Act and WorkSafe BC regulations.
- Ability to work within restricted capital and operating budgets while ensuring that all units are maintained in a good state of repair for the benefit of the Corporation and tenants.
- Demonstrated ability to deal frequently with highly sensitive and confidential situations involving the exercise of utmost tact, discretion, and judgement.
- Exceptional motivation, team building, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated partnering skills, including collaboratively working with inside and outside stakeholders; positively, proactively and effectively working the public, staff, user groups and other stakeholders.
- Knowledge of procurement and contract management in a public sector environment, an asset.
- Excellent written and oral communications.
- Ability to lead and develop staff and manage human resource issues proactively.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills using Microsoft Office suite applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
The CRD thanks you for your interest and advises only those candidates under active consideration will be contacted.
View Original Source Source