Great City, Great Work, Great Future!
Manager, Civic Buildings & Properties
Permanent Full Time
NO. OF POSITIONS:
HOURS OF WORK:
37.5 hours per week
$125,345 – 138,122 annually + comprehensive benefits package
We are looking for an exceptional leader who is innovative, progressive and strategic. The ideal candidate will be pivotal in managing the City’s civic properties and buildings division and real estate assets. Reporting to the Director of Engineering, you will provide direct guidance for the planning, design, ongoing and preventative maintenance and renovation of existing buildings and the construction of new buildings. A key aspect includes a focus on energy conservation and greenhouse gas reduction, while actively presenting cost-effective strategies to essential stakeholders including council, the community and staff. You will oversee the City’s real estate assets including the lease, purchase and sale negotiations, acquisition and disposal of real estate. As a part of the dynamic Engineering leadership team you will be responsible for balancing organizational and regulatory requirements, while developing an overall risk management program for all civic buildings and properties.
If many of the following characteristics and skills describe you, we want to meet you!
- Completion of a degree in engineering, architecture or related discipline, with considerable related experience including project management; contract administration; institutional building maintenance; property valuation, acquisition, and disposition; and strategic planning. Supplementary advanced education in urban land economics and/or project management is desirable. Designation as a professional engineer or registered architect in the province of BC is desirable.
- Knowledge of the concepts, practices, and techniques in the areas of building design and construction, real estate, property and facilities management, and risk management.
- Ability to prioritize work and ensure the best use of City resources.
- Writing, reporting and presenting strategies related to building construction projects and real estate planning including acquisition and disposition of City lands.
- Communication and interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external contacts.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability in to guiding, mentoring and supporting a diverse staff team.
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills to determine effective resource allocation and recommend best courses of action.
- Demonstrated experience in negotiation and conflict resolution.
- Research and analytical skills to review and assess property transactions and evaluate insurance needs, as well as develop budgets.
- Valid Driver’s License and personal vehicle available for use at work.
Apply by sending your resume quoting competition #20-48, by December 9, 2020 to the Human Resources Department, City of New Westminster, 511 Royal Avenue, New Westminster, BC, V3L 1H9, Fax: (604)527-4619 or e-mail to email@example.com.
The City of New Westminster welcomes diversity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
View Original Source Source