Manager, Bylaw & Licensing Services
West Vancouver is an attractive community on the North Shore! It is home to some of the region’s best parks and recreation locations: Whytecliff Park, Lighthouse Park, Cypress Provincial Park and ski area, and Ambleside Beach. At the District of West Vancouver, we’re looking for employees that have a passion for public service and strive to make a difference. Our team of dedicated staff deliver services, operate facilities and run the programs that make West Vancouver a great place to live. Be part of our team!
The District of West Vancouver is seeking applicants skilled in conflict resolution and bylaw enforcement with strong administrative skills to fill the challenging permanent, full-time position of Manager, Bylaw & Licensing Services.
In this leadership role, you will oversee all operational and administrative aspects of the Bylaw & Licensing Services Department. This will include:
- ensuring that practices comply with departmental policies, statutes, bylaws, regulations and procedures
- making recommendations regarding the amendment of current bylaws or development of new regulatory bylaws/functions
- recruiting, training, supervising and evaluating staff
- coordinating inspections
- writing reports and making presentations to Council
- preparing and monitoring departmental budgets
- working effectively and efficiently with the public to meet the needs of the community with respect to bylaw and licensing services
- liaising with and developing strong relationships with the Police Department, Fire Department, other District departments and public groups/associations.
Ideally, you have a related degree/diploma plus considerable experience in bylaw services. Knowledge of the principles, standards and practices of the relevant areas of municipal bylaws is essential. The ideal candidate should have sound judgement, diplomacy, an understanding of the community, risk management and demonstrated leadership skills.
The successful candidate is required to supply a criminal record check and a copy of their credentials.
Exempt – Permanent, Full-time
Hours of Work:
35 hours per week (hours and days of work may vary)
11:59 p.m. Friday, November 13, 2020
Please visit the District of West Vancouver’s Career Centre at westvancouver.ca/careers to apply for this position.
We want to thank all applicants, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
View Original Source Source