Make a Future
Manager, Budget & Reporting
School District No. 36 (Surrey)
Serving a diverse multicultural urban centre, the Surrey School District is a progressive district offering a broad range of innovative programs and services to support the learning of our students and staff. Spread across one of the largest and fastest growing cities in British Columbia, we are the city’s second largest employer. Surrey School District is also the largest school District in British Columbia and serves the City of White Rock, Surrey and the rural area of Barnston Island. We provide quality education to over 74,000 students with 130 schools and other facilities, and an annual budget of over $800 million.
The District is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Manager, Budget & Reporting. This position is responsible for coordinating the preparation of and ongoing reporting on its
$68m operating and $12m minor capital budgets. In addition, the position provides oversight and coordination of procurement and information management initiatives for Facilities & Transportation Services.
Core responsibilities of the position under the direction of Associate Director include:
- Coordinating the preparation of annual operating budget documents and a consolidated operating budget package for Facilities & Transportation Services with an overall objective of achieving an efficient, effective and economical operation.
- Providing leadership, oversight and coaching/training to the Facilities & Transportation management team in managing operating and minor capital budgets with a view to maximizing the use of funds and ensuring overall operations are within budget.
- Preparing monthly, quarterly and annual reports on financial performance to budget, projection of revenue and expenditure, and analysis of budget variances.
- Prepare and submit reports annually and/or periodically to the Ministry of Education and/or other agencies.
- Provide ongoing professional/technical oversight and support for procurement initiatives, working closely with the Purchasing Department on RFQ, RFI, RFP and tender processes to ensure the integrity of procurement and contracting processes and adherence to District policy and regulation.
- Provide leadership in planning, implementing and coordinating financial information management systems and ensure the systems meet the current and future needs of Facilities & Transportation Services
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A professional accounting designation (CPA) and 5 years of experience in a senior finance position in the public sector or in a large, complex private organization
- Demonstrated proficiency in contemporary budgeting, forecasting and modeling
- Demonstrated expertise with ERP financial systems, data analysis and reporting tools
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in oral and written formats The Surrey School District offers an attractive salary and benefits package.
Interested and qualified applicants should apply at https://bit.ly/2JzxaYj by 4:00 pm December 22, 2020.
Note: Successful applicants will be required to consent to a Criminal Record search prior to employment. Only those persons selected for interviews will be contacted. To all others, thank you for your interest.
View Original Source Source