Requisition ID: 30535
Located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh), Vancouver has a commitment to becoming a City of Reconciliation. Vancouver consistently ranks as one of the world’s most liveable cities and is working towards being the greenest city in the world. Named among Canada’s Top 100 Employers, BC’s Top Employers, and Canada’s Greenest Employers, the City of Vancouver seeks colleagues who can help shape and embody our core commitments to sustainability, decolonization, equity and outstanding quality of life for all residents.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose and Function
The Manager is responsible for management of the City’s budget strategy and 5 year financial plan and city-wide financial planning data standardization. The Manager will lead the City’s 5 year financial plan, financial sustainability principles, align with North American public sector best practices and the City of Vancouver’s long-term financial strategy. The City’s 5 year plan is in excess of $7 billion and its annual capital budget is over $250 million.
Key Contacts and Reporting Relationships
Reports to the Associate Director of Financial Analysis, Budgets and Reporting and interacts on a regular basis with the Director of Financial Planning and Analysis, Chief Financial Officer, Department and Board General Managers and Finance Directors. Manages 1-3 direct employees, while providing leadership to the FP&A team (approximately 40 employees) with the Business Finance teams.
- Lead the delivery of the City’s budget strategy and 5 year financial plan
- Implement budget processes, systems, and business intelligence reporting to align with data standardization,
- Develop a centre of excellence for 5 year planning to support City departments in achieving service priorities in accordance with financial sustainabilility principles
- Prepare and review reports and presentations to Council and senior management, and lead priority ad-hoc financial analysis initiatives and business case reviews
- Support the integration of the City’s long term financial sustainability plan, 5 year plan, and budget
- Provide input to the budget and service satisfaction public consultation processes, working closely with Corporate Communications
- Develop a team of financial professionals
- Provide leadership and guidance to staff including hiring, performance evaluation, coaching, mentoring, training and development and discipline up to and including termination
- Oversee Emergency Operations Centre finance instructions and financial claims processes
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned
Minimum Position Requirements
Education and Experience:
- A bachelors degree
- Accounting designation or MBA with strong business acumen
- Minimum 10 years of progressive experience in a financial planning and analysis, preferably with experience in managing a budgeting process
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing financial staff, preferably in a large multi-unionized organization
- Experience transforming and improving processes
- Considerable financial systems experience preferably with integrated business software (ERP) such as SAP
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong leadership experience with the ability to influence at senior levels of an organization
- Excellent financial reporting and analytical skills
- Strong project management and process improvement
- Attention to detail and the ability to consistently produce accurate, high quality presentations and analysis for executive audiences
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Innovative, motivated, and driven
- Demonstrates City of Vancouver leadership dimensions through leading self, engaging others and advancing the organization through the leadership competency framework
Business Unit/Department: Finance, Risk & Supply Chain Management (1150)
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Application Close: June 27, 2021
At the City of Vancouver, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. Indigenous applicants, people of colour, all genders, LGBT2Q+ and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Accommodations will be provided upon request during the selection process. If you would like to be considered for this exciting and impactful career opportunity, please apply through our careers site.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
View Original Source Source