Manager, Asset Management
Finance & Technology – Asset Management
$110,769 to $130,316 annually (2021 rates)
Review of applications begins
4:00pm on January 8, 2021, and will remain open until filled.
The Manager, Asset Management, is responsible for the technical development of and the ongoing direction of the Capital Regional District (CRD) Asset Management Strategy implementation. The Manager will lead the Program, for development, implementation and management of corporate asset management strategy across the organization. The position will be responsible for development of asset management policies and procedures, strategic objectives and performance indicators; and leading the business requirements for implementation of an asset management information system in support of asset performance analysis and decision making across the CRD that is consistent, sustainable and measurable. The position will focus on developing a forward looking asset management strategy utilizing indicators, including asset risk and asset health to guide replacement and investment planning.
Key Accountabilities / Position Outcomes
- Lead the implementation of asset management strategy, working with internal and external stakeholders and resources to build capacity for asset management activities and ensure integration into capital planning.
- Guide development of asset inventories, including their relative health/condition and exposure to risk; incorporate current asset inventory into the long term asset management strategy and long term financial planning.
- Provide pro-active strategic advice to the Leadership Team, and staff and on critical issues, risk mitigation opportunities and recommend contingency plans.
- Provide guidance and support to program areas on asset management business processes from procurement to asset retirement, supporting alignment of existing processes and migration of existing processes.
- Provide support to operational areas and decision makers on long term financial planning and reporting related to corporate assets.
- Provide input and recommendations for Enterprise Asset Management System implementation, including direction on development of business requirements and migration of existing business processes.
- Work with departments for appropriate data collection and analysis and jointly develop strategic asset management plans with Program stakeholders that will be used to guide long term capital and financial plans.
- Provide guidance on the integration of risk management and asset management practices to support Program service delivery.
- Recommend corporate prioritization methodology to direct investment in all existing tangible capital assets as well as proposing new tangible assets.
- Enhance organizational stewardship through ongoing education and building awareness by providing training and advice on the Corporate Asset Management Strategy and its related business processes.
- Degree in finance, economics, business administration or engineering and 6 years’ experience in asset management and/or capital planning; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Asset Management Certification, professional accounting designation and/or professional engineering designation are assets.
Role-specific Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong knowledge of and experience in developing and managing asset management programs, including: developing policies and procedures, leading and planning the development of an asset management information systems; and developing asset management strategy utilizing indicators for asset risk or asset health
- Knowledge and experience leading, designing and implementing a corporate-wide, cross department Asset Management Program. With demonstrated abilities to liaise with Stakeholders and lead change.
- Knowledge and experience with related legislation including the Local Government Act, Community Charter and Public Sector Accounting Board Tangible Capital Asset Accounting Standard PSAS 3150.
- Knowledge and experience in project management and monitoring using best practices to communicate across stakeholder groups and move all groups towards corporate and Board priorities. PMP certification would be an asset.
- Knowledge and experience working with MS Office programs, SharePoint and other relevant software.
- Experience with complex multi-stakeholder ERP system development projects.
- Exceptional problem solving and leadership skills, demonstrated by a proven ability to: work effectively with staff and establish and maintain respectful and professional relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to draft Board-quality reports
- Market value research capabilities and experience
- Advanced financial analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with a wide variety of internal and external resources
- A valid BC Driver’s license is required.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and covering letter online at www.crd.bc.ca under “Careers”.
The CRD thanks you for your interest and advises only those candidates under active consideration will be contacted.
View Original Source Source