Requisition ID: 23968
Located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the Musqueam, Squamish, and Tsleil-Waututh, Vancouver has a commitment to becoming a City of Reconciliation. Vancouver consistently ranks as one of the world’s most liveable cities and is working towards being the greenest city in the world. Named among Canada’s Top 100 Employers, BC’s Top Employers, and Canada’s Greenest Employers, the City of Vancouver seeks colleagues who can help shape and embody our core commitments to sustainability, decolonization, equity and outstanding quality of life for all residents.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose & Function
This is a technical position which will perform highly skilled maintenance work in the initiating, control, and commissioning of Building Automation Systems (BAS), Direct Digital Control (DDC) and Energy Management Systems (EMS) which control the heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and lighting, and other systems at various Civic facilities or locations.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
The Maintenance Technician III – Building Automation is responsible for the maintenance and efficiency of Building Automation systems and Direct Digital Control systems in Civic facilities by:
- Review of DDC system design for new construction and capital maintenance projects to ensure that systems meet the City’s design requirements
- Monitoring performance against control standards which balance the requirements of OH&S and energy cost avoidance while ensuring user comfort and functionality
- Managing contracts with external service providers for system maintenance and upgrades
- Identifying and implementing program changes to yield improved energy performance
- Assisting Facility staff in the commissioning new systems
- Educating building operations staff on DDC systems operation
- Preparing documents control processes and procedures.
- Identifying control strategies, discussing energy consumption impacts and ensuring strategies are met from the Project construction stage to commissioning
- Assisting in creating standards and providing input for new or upgraded DDC systems and components
- Updating graphics as required
- Troubleshooting and repair
- Providing reports as needed
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned.
This position reports to the REFM Mechanical Superintendent but will be responsive to the Manager of Energy and Utilities in the development and implementation of energy conservation initiatives.
Education and Experience
- Graduation from an accredited Institute of Technology with a BC Certificate of Qualification (Electrical, Instrumentation or HVAC), with a minimum two years experience in HVAC, electrical concepts and building operations; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Cisco CCNA Certification an asset
- BCEM – Building Controls and Energy Management – Advanced Certificate from BCIT or equivalent an asset
- 5 years experience in a similar role preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Highly skilled in GCL programming, commissioning, graphic design including but not limited to: RC-GrafxSet, Illustrator, Visio, or Photoshop
- Advanced knowledge of DDC/ Mechanical service troubleshooting
- Thorough knowledge of control theory and concepts
- Thorough knowledge of Delta Controls and Reliable Controls systems
- Knowledge of various methodologies, innovations, best practices and regulatory requirements: WCB, WHMIS, IAQ and ASHRAE
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills to foster effective relationships with customers
- Ability to work alone with little supervision
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications is required, and knowledge of SAP would be an asset
Drivers License and Record Checks
- Must possess a valid drivers license for the Province of British Columbia.
Business Unit/Department: Real Estate & Facilities Mgmt (1100)
Affiliation: CUPE 15 Non Pks
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Position Start Date: April 2021
Salary Information: Pay Grade GR-022: $33.60 to $39.56 per hour
Application Close: May 7, 2021
At the City of Vancouver, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. Indigenous applicants, people of colour, all genders, LGBT2Q+ and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Accommodations will be provided upon request during the selection process. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
To be considered for this exciting and impactful career opportunity with a generous benefits package, please apply on our careers site.
View Original Source Source