LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE
Amica On The Gorge
We offer a relocation package if you are looking to transfer or move over to Victoria!
Amica Senior Lifestyles offers retirement living options and care services to 3600 seniors in Ontario, Alberta and British Columbia. With an emphasis of being a great place to call home, our team’s mission is to empower seniors to flourish by supporting them in mind, body, and spirit. In over 40 communities (and growing) we provide first-class independent living, assisted living and memory care living options.
A day in the life of a Licensed Practical Nurse:
Under the direction of the Director of Wellness, you will provide direct, hands on nursing care to residents, including providing guidance to residents in the provision of activities of daily living and programs developed to enhance the psychological, social and recreational needs of Residents.
How do I qualify?
You must have:
– Current registration and good standing with the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of British Columbia or the College of Licensed Practical Nurses Alberta
– Current CPR/ AED and Standard First Aid certification
– Minimum 1 year recent experience working with geriatrics, long-term care, Assisted Living environment required
What we are looking for:
– Good oral, verbal and written communication skills – English is essential
Effectively deal with others including coworkers, residents and families
– Respects each resident as an individual and is aware of his/her need for self-respect, privacy, and the right to share in decisions about his/her care
– Ability to work independently and in a team environment
– Ability to critically think and problem solve
Ability to effectively organize workload
– Ability to operate related equipment
– Ability to operate computers at a basic level
– Has knowledge of professional accountability with provincial regulatory college
– Is competent in the provision of skilled nursing services according to practice scope
– Ability to self recertify on expiration of both CPR/AED and Standard First Aid certificates
– Maintains current knowledge in Gerontology annually through ongoing education (Training, workshops, certificate programs etc.)
Position Vacant Until Filled
View Original Source Source