From coast-to-coast, our inspiring colleagues are at the heart of what we do best: helping people, businesses and society prosper in good times and be resilient in bad times. With our team, you’ll bring this purpose to life every day by living our Values, being open to change, and pursuing your goals.
At Intact, we’ll give you countless opportunities to learn and grow, alongside a diverse and passionate community of experts – the best the industry has to offer. You’ll be empowered to be your best self, do your best work, and make a meaningful impact. Here, you can: shape the future of insurance, win as a team, and grow with us.
We offer you more than just a career. As a Legal Assistant, working here means being valued for who you are and growing, both professionally and personally. Alongside Canada’s largest in-house P&C insurance litigation team, you’ll get the tools, support, flexibility and opportunities to succeed and be your best self.
About the role
This is a permanent, full-time opportunity available in Vancouver, B.C.
With our Legal Claims team, you’ll be at the heart of what we do best: helping people. Here, your passion for the law, stellar admin and organizational skills, strong values, and creative thinking, will be a great fit with the team.
What you’ll do here:
- Thrive in a paperless environment – set up new files in our online system, draft correspondence, court documents, briefing files and close files
- Schedule examinations for discovery, examinations under oath, mediations, meetings, and various hearings at Court
- Maintain the calendar for Legal Counsel, supervise their practice and ensure deadlines are met
- Use your superb admin skills, impressive communication style, sound judgement and passion for the law to innovate processes for the team
- You share our values of respect, integrity, excellence, customer-driven and generosity – this will show through your work and your support of our customers, our claims partners, and our legal colleagues
- You deliver quality work with a quick turnaround because you prioritize, take initiative and stay organized
- You are an excellent collaborator and a great team player, which will contribute to the positive work environment
The ideal candidate has:
- College diploma from either a legal office administration or paralegal program
- Proven litigation experience
- Working knowledge of the Rules of Civil Procedure and LAT procedures
- Proven knowledge of Loss Transfer and Priority Dispute procedures
- Strong document management skills
- Stellar attention to detail and proofreading skills
- Exceptional communication, listening, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
The perks of working “in-house” at Intact:
- Leaders and colleague who are collaborative, supportive and want you to succeed
- A collaborative, inclusive community that values all individuals and perspectives
- Challenging, career-elevating work to fuel your passion for the law
- Competitive pension plan including defined benefit and defined contribution options
- Comprehensive financial rewards program that recognizes your success
- Industry leading Employee Share Purchase Plan where we match 50% of net shares purchased
- An extensive, flex benefits package plus access to virtual health care
- An annual wellness account that promotes an active lifestyle
- A company-matching Community Impact program that gives employees the flexibility to choose how and where you give, in ways that are meaningful to them. Intact will amplify efforts by matching donations, time spent volunteering, or both!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Intact, our value of Respect is founded on seeing diversity as a strength, being inclusive and fostering collaboration. We value diversity and strive to create an inclusive, accessible workplace where all individuals feel valued, respected and heard.
If we can provide a specific adjustment to make the recruitment process more accessible for you, please advise the Talent Acquisition partner who reaches out about the job opportunity and they will work with you to meet your needs.
As an employer and publicly traded financial services company, the best interests of our customers, employees and shareholders are important to us. We want Intact to be a great place to work! This means that internal and external candidates will be asked to consent to background checks so we can learn more about you. Please note that for positions with access to financial data or funds, your credit must be in good standing.
For internal candidates, you can apply for a posted position if you have been in your current position for at least 12 months and are performing at a satisfactory level. Please note we may have identified other internal candidates through our Employee Development Program, and that the selection process may also be opened to external applicants.
Eligibility to Work in Canada
It’s important that you are legally eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made. You may be requested to provide proof of eligibility at that time.
This role is eligible for employee referral bonus. #myReferrals1000
View Original Source Source