At Intact, insurance is not about things. It’s about people. It’s what we believe, and it shapes everything we do. It’s why we strive to provide a second-to-none experience for our customers and create an inspiring workplace for our employees to thrive in.
As Canada’s largest provider of property and casualty insurance, we’re not only leading our industry, but we’re redefining what it means to work for it. As a recognized top employer, we’re committed to living our values and supporting our dedicated people who bring their best to work each day because they know their work matters.
We’re looking for a Legal Assistant to join our growing team!
As a Legal Assistant, your work will have a big impact with our Legal Claims Team supporting the legal counsels. People will count on you to provide legal assistance on Property and Casualty litigation files.
This position is a full-time permanent employment opportunity based in our Vancouver, BC office.
Here are a few ways you’ll make a difference:
- Provide administrative support such as scheduling meetings, photocopying, drafting correspondence, preparing pleadings, creating and updating trial binders, etc.
- Implement an effective BF system to help manage the lawyer’s practice
- Work with your assigned lawyers in managing workflow, monitoring calendars and meeting various deadlines
- Interact with clients to schedule appointments; exchange and obtain information, communicate case progress as required
- Word processing and general office duties
- Legal Assistant Certificate from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Minimum three (3) years experience in the legal industry, with a solid background in litigation
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft office Suite
- Strong document management skills with the ability to learn
- Excellent attention to detail and proofreading skills
- Ability to prioritize and organize with a demonstrated disciplined approach to work
- Excellent communication, listening, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
Here are a few reasons why others have joined our team:
- An award-winning, inspiring workplace that supports its people and recognizes great work (Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Aon Platinum Best Employers, LinkedIn Top Company, Glassdoor Best Place to Work & Top CEO, Indeed Top-Rated Workplaces)
- Stimulating, challenging projects and development opportunities to help you grow your skills and career
- Flexibility in how and where you work
- A comprehensive financial rewards program that recognizes your success
- A casual ‘dress for your day’ culture that encourages you to be yourself
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Intact, our value of Respect is founded on seeing diversity as a strength, being inclusive and fostering collaboration. We value diversity and strive to create an inclusive, accessible workplace where all individuals feel valued, respected and heard.
If we can provide a specific adjustment to make the recruitment process more accessible for you, please advise the Talent Acquisition partner who reaches out about the job opportunity and they will work with you to meet your needs.
As an employer and publicly traded financial services company, the best interests of our customers, employees and shareholders are important to us. We want Intact to be a great place to work! This means that internal and external candidates will be asked to consent to background checks so we can learn more about you. Please note that for positions with access to financial data or funds, your credit must be in good standing.
For internal candidates, you can apply for a posted position if you have been in your current position for at least 12 months and are performing at a satisfactory level. Please note we may have identified other internal candidates through our Employee Development Program, and that the selection process may also be opened to external applicants.
Eligibility to Work in Canada
It’s important that you are legally eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made. You may be requested to provide proof of eligibility at that time.
This posting closes on May 4, 2021 at 11:59PM.
This role is eligible for employee referral bonus. #myReferrals1000
View Original Source Source