Learning Experience Specialist
Temporary, full-time position (one year term
About the Opportunity:
- Are you a technology savvy Learning and Development professional and a collaborator at heart?
- Do you want to impact culture and learning through the development of strategic people-focused learning programs?
- Can you thrive in an innovative team focussed on preparing employees for a digital future?
- Do you want to join an award-winning culture where work-life balance is possible?
I currently have a Learning Experience Specialist position available on my team and I am looking for a bright and talented individual to fill it!
The Learning Experience Specialist is an entry-level supervisory position and will be part of molding the future of our learning programs through a focus on our people. This role works out of our Victoria (Uptown) office but you can expect to work remotely during our COVID protocols.
This role is responsible for handling the daily operations of our Learning Centre, working closely with facilitators, vendors, employees and the dynamic team in the Strategic People Programs. I am looking for a learning professional. Someone who is passionate about emerging education technology trends and ensuring that the learning products we build and deliver to our employees enable them to be world class in their work. If you are my ideal candidate, you have experience and knowledge in the field of adult learning and are comfortable in LMS systems and other EdTech. You are a leader capable of juggling multiple projects and priorities and building relationships both internally and externally. You can bounce between managing contracts and finances, and teaching sessions and engaging learners.
As a knowledge organization, learning is vital to our success. You will join a small, innovative team to ensure the successful delivery of our ongoing learning programs.
About the Team
Your colleagues will be a small group of learning, organizational development, change, and talent acquisition professionals who regularly meet to share their work, get feedback, and challenge each other in their thinking. As a team, we are focusing our efforts on preparing BCA for the work of the future. We work hard, have fun and do some pretty remarkable things.
As the leader of the Learning Centre, I expect a lot, but I also give a lot too. I will support you and provide you with opportunities to challenge yourself, and take on great projects. I will also give you room to make your own decisions and have some accountability. It is important that I find someone who is not only a great fit for this role, but for our team as well.
Please note: This role is a temporary full-time opportunity that is available immediately and will continue until March 31, 2022, with a possibility for extension. This position is excluded from the bargaining unit.
If this sounds like you, please click “apply” and submit an application with a compelling cover letter via our website. Finally yet importantly, I encourage you to check out our award winning culture video.
Jennifer Gill – People Practice Advisor, Learning Centre Management
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Leadership and Learning, Educational Technology, Curriculum Development, Adult Education or equivalent subject.
- Coursework leading to a diploma or certificate in Educational Technology, Strategic Human Resources or Adult Education in addition to an undergraduate degree is preferred.
- 3-5 years of increasingly responsible experience in adult learning delivery, preferably within the public sector.
- A minimum of 1 year of formal supervisory experience, preferably in a public sector environment.
Note: An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Offers of employment are conditional upon a satisfactory Criminal Record Check. All information provided in your application may be subject to verification. Successful applicants will be required to provide proof of qualifications and/or supporting documentation (e.g. copies of certificates, diplomas, degrees, driver’s license) as a condition of employment.
As a Provincial Crown Corporation, our mission is to create uniform assessments and trusted property information that supports strong and vibrant communities in BC. Our people are the key to our success – they drive our business, bring our values to life and truly help build communities. We value BC and also, truly value our people.
- Work-life balance – 35-hour work weeks and flexible work schedules
- Health and Wellness – generous extended health and dental benefits, plus other wellness focused programs and benefits
- Retirement benefits – including public service pension plan
- Career development – ongoing learning, leadership development and career development scholarship program
- An award-winning culture – watch our culture video!
Visit our benefits page to learn more and know that if you join the BC Assessment team, your skills and experience will be valued and will make a difference in the communities that we work and live.
BC Assessment is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values inclusion and diversity. All of our offices are accessible and reasonable accommodations will be made to persons with disabilities.
View Original Source Source