“Where the Rainforest Meets the Sea”
Lead Engineering Technologist – Operations
Located on the south-western tip of Vancouver Island, BC, Sooke has a sheltered harbor, and is a scenic forty-five (45) minutes’ drive from BC’s capital city, Victoria. As a part of a temperate rainforest, the Sooke district has one of the mildest climates in Canada. Characterized by warm, dry summers and mild winters, Sooke’s pleasant climate is a year-round paradise for those who enjoy outdoor activities, such as hiking, biking, kayaking, or sailing.
The District of Sooke has a permanent employment opportunity for a Lead Engineering Technologist – Operations. Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Lead Engineering Technologist is accountable for ensuring work is performed and processes are executed for the District of Sooke following sound engineering principles and standards. Primary obligations for this position will support capital infrastructure projects, subdivision, and developments, as well as operational maintenance contracts. Work will include the supervision of staff and contractors, contract tendering, co-coordination of work activities with public and private utilities, developers, and regular contact with community representatives, elected municipal officials, and members of the public. Considerable latitude for the use of independent judgment and initiative is required in all phases of the work.
To be considered for this role, applicants should have:
- Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology from a recognized institute of technology and eligibility to be registered as an Applied Science Technologist (AScT) in BC.
- Degree in Civil Engineering with an EIT designation in conjunction with Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology would be considered an asset.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification would be considered an asset.
- Education and training in Public Administration would be considered an asset.
- Ten (10) years’ prior job-related experience in a similar position or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum five (5) years of supervisory experience or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Supervisory experience is preferred.
- Valid Class 5 B.C. Driver’s Licence.
This is a CUPE Local 374 position. The salary for the Lead Engineering Technologist – Operations is $50.75/hour (2021 rate), plus an excellent benefit package.
To view the full job description, please visit the employment page of our website at: www.sooke.ca/employment.
Please indicate 2020-023 Lead Engineering Technologist – Operations in the subject of your email, and submit your detailed resume and cover letter, in pdf format, outlining your interest and experience for this opportunity to: email@example.com.
Closing date for receipt of applications is Sunday, January 24, 2021.
The District of Sooke thanks all applicants for their interest and advises that only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
View Original Source Source