- An exciting role for an experienced Carpenter to work with a rapidly growing company
- Receive a highly competitive hourly wage and a wide host of excellent benefits
- Make an impact and build a career with an organization that truly wants to see you succeed
About Blue Ladder Projects
Blue Ladder Projects has evolved over the past 20 years from a developer and a custom home builder to a full-service renovation contractor. Today, renovations and remodels are our areas of speciality and they are areas we excel within. But we’re not comfortable with just excelling, as an organization we want to transform the normal approach to renovations by offering fixed pricing and creating something new in this sector that our customers are going to love. We know it’s a challenge, but we’re ready for it and eager to overcome it.
At Blue Ladder Projects, we owe our continued success and growth to the hard work and dedication of the people who make up our team. We reward our team with a culture akin to a family that is underpinned by our values of Truth, Accountability, Transparency, Safety, Community, Teamwork, Innovation and Creativity, Pride and Quality, and having fun. If this feels like an environment that you could thrive within and you’re eager to take on a role where no two days will be alike, then we want to hear from you.
About the Opportunity
Currently, Blue Ladder Projects has an exciting opportunity available for both a Carpenter and Carpenter Helper to join our team in the Greater Vancouver Area, BC on a full-time basis.
As either our new Carpenter or Carpenter Helper, you’ll report to the General Site Supervisor as you work at varying levels of responsibility to ensure that our client’s projects are built to the highest standards and are completed on time and within budget. This role will see you working on a variety of projects as you fabricate and install wooden/other structures to the required specifications. Client satisfaction is hugely important to us and it will be up to you to ensure a high level of customer service while on-site in order to create raving fans among our customer base.
Your more typical responsibilities in this fast-paced role will include:
- Reading blueprints, drawings, and sketches to fully grasp requirements.
- Taking measurements and calculating the size and amount of material required.
- Cutting, shaping, and smoothing lumber and other materials (eg fibreglass) according to measurements.
- Building window frames, doors, staircases, and frame buildings by using raw materials or pre-constructed items.
- Laying out floorings, roofings, or drywall ensuring that they are levelled and compatible.
- Carving and assembling furniture, cabinets, shelves, and other items as well as installing them where designated.
- Inspecting places and conducting repairs or maintenance if they are required
- Building scaffolding and other construction structures.
In order to qualify for this role, you will need previous experience as a Carpenter in residential renovations including complete additions along with a valid driver’s license as well as reliable transportation to and from work. A carpentry red seal is certainly an asset but is not required in order to apply, however you do need to have successfully completed a carpentry apprenticeship program.
As our ideal candidate, you’ll join us with excellent communication skills in both written and verbal form. Your computer savvy nature will allow you to easily use our project management software while your technical knowledge and proficiency using electrical, manual, and measurement tools will ensure your success as you work to meet the needs of our clients. You’ll also join us with a natural aptitude for excellent customer service and the physical capabilities required to carry out the role.
Above all, you’ll have a passion for the work that you do and be eager to learn and build your skillset.
About the Benefits
In return for your hard work and dedication, you will receive a highly competitive hourly wage based on skills and experience. You’ll also be entitled to an excellent package including:
- Extensive health, dental, and physio benefits covered by the Chamber of Commerce benefits plan.
- Access to our profits sharing scheme – 25% of the profits from the business go back into the team.
- Branded gear and equipment.
- Huge opportunities to grow this role and your career as we continue to grow.
- The opportunity to work in an environment that truly values open communication – we go through our strategic business plan twice a year as a team.
- Frequent social events including our monthly coffee mornings and summer BBQs.
Upon joining Blue Ladder Projects you’ll be welcomed into a casual but professional team that’s more like a family, where everyone is eager to see you succeed.
Don’t miss out on this amazing opportunity to work for this rapidly growing organization – apply today!
Blue Ladder Projects
View Original Source Source