We are Pomerleau. And you could be too.
Pomerleau is recognized as one of Canada’s leaders in theconstruction industry, in the institutional, commercial, industrial and civilengineering sectors. Clients benefit from our expertise as general contractor,construction manager, project manager and design-builder.
Pomerleau believes in delivering excellence. Every Pomerleau employee upholdsthis value, leading to the achievement of superior results in every sectorwhere we do business. Pomerleau: proud individuals who share a vision and arepassionate about what they do.
You are a skilled Labourer looking toleverage your proven skills and knowledge in a challenging and rewardingenvironment. As a key member of our team, we will rethink construction together, fromidea to completion. Everywhere. All the time. Period.
The A/B Jetty is a nearly $250 million-dollarproject in Esquimalt on Vancouver Island. The first phase of the project is setto take 4 years with the opportunity to grow to a period of up to 8 years. Itinvolves the reconstruction of existing capital infrastructure that includestwo jetties with 278 foundation piles up to 250ft long and requiring roughly30,000 cubic meters of concrete. Significant construction techniques andmethods in a marine environment are required to tackle this project. This couldbe your once-in-a-lifetime opportunity!
What YOU Will Do
- Conduct pre-trip/walk-around safety inspections, complete daily Field Level Hazard Assessments, and log and reports any maintenance concerns with the equipment;
- Perform tasks on the labour crew to support civil operations;
Provide general clean-up and ongoing monitoring and maintenance of work area;
- Conduct groundwork including shoveling snow, raking, pumping water, and prepping ground for concrete;
- Act as a spotter for heavy equipment;
- Assist carpenters with forming and stripping concrete forms;
- Pour small foundations and pedestals as well as pick up and deliver materials;
- Ensure the safety of the crew, equipment, and environment;
- Ensure that work is completed during regular hours.
What YOU Will Bring
- Must have previous concrete experience in a civil setting;
- Must possess Ground Disturbance Level 2;
- Must possess Wildlife Awareness;
- Emergency Level or Standard First Aid Level certification is considered an asset;
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License and 3 Year Driver’s Abstract (within 30 days) required.
What are youwaiting for? Let’s build something extraordinary together. Send your resume directly to email@example.com to join the team. We want to hear from you!
We thank allapplicants, but only those selected for further consideration will becontacted. Be sure to join our Talent Network to stay informed about alljob opportunities at Pomerleau.
Pomerleau Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Weare committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with theAccessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. During any stage of therecruitment and hiring process, accommodation for applicants with disabilitiesare available upon request.
View Original Source Source