City of Surrey
Labourer – Park Construction
As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation. City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey.
Park Development Services is looking for temporary full-time skilled individuals that will be involved in the full range of park construction activities. This temporary employment will be 40 hours per week from April1st to October 31st, Monday through Friday.
Union – CUPE Local 402 – Temporary Full-Time
- Provide labour/equipment operation support to various park construction activities, including but not limited to, site preparation and grading, drainage systems, rough carpentry, irrigation systems, horticultural plantings, parkland development monitoring and contractor supervision.
- Interact with the public in a professional manner.
- Demonstrate safe work practices.
- Possess excellent teamwork skills and have the ability to communicate effectively,
- Heavy physical work in all weather conditions, requiring sufficient physical strength, stamina, and coordination.
- Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Have a valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License with a safe driving record.
- Have relevant training and experience performing manual labour.
- Related education and construction experience are considered assets.
- Hands-on experience with related tools and equipment is preferred.
Applicants under consideration will be required to consent to a Police Information Check/Vulnerable Sector Check and submittal of a Drivers abstract. Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
If you’re interested in this position please apply online @ www.surrey.ca/careers to Job ID 3654 before February 12, 2021.
View Original Source Source