Are you experienced with the Kafka platform and searching for your next long term opportunity? Do you wish to work collaboratively as part of a team? Our established Vancouver client is seeking to hire a Kafka Developer, on a long term contract with a strong probability of extension. Apply to this amazing Kafka Developer opportunity today!
What’s in it for you!
• Highly competitive market hourly rates.
• 6-month contract with strong probability of extension.
What you’ll be doing?
As a Kafka Developer with our Vancouver client, you will:
• Provide expertise & take ownership of the Kafka Technology stack: – Kafka connect, schema registry, KSQL, Rest proxy and Kafka Control center.
• Understand limits & nuances of Kafka brokers & zookeepers.
• Develop custom producers and consumers using Kafka APIs/SDK.
• Facilitate reviews, checkpoints and stage-gates with stakeholder and SME groups.
• Coordinate environment and data readiness plans for end-to-end testing.
• Create stubs for producers, consumers and consumer groups for helping onboard applications.
• Drive triage sessions with Confluent to communicate bugs/issues & resolve the same.
• Communicate recent developments, testing status, and issues to stakeholders.
• Champion best practices of software testing processes and procedures.
• Lead ETL (extract, transform, load) dev to ensure seamless integration with various systems.
• Coordinate/support software releases and post deployment validations with focus on CI/CD.
• Ensure optimum performance, high availability and stability of solutions.
• Create topics, setup redundancy cluster, deploy monitoring tools, alerts.
How do you qualify?
• 3-5 years’ work experience in In-memory applications, Database Design, Data Integration and Big Data Development.
• 2-3 years’ experience with Apache Kafka/Confluent Kafka.
• 2-3 years’ experience with Java.
• Experience with automation/provisioning tools (GitHub, Docker, Jenkins and Terraform).
• Solid Experience with Spark and SQL.
• Experience with DevOps practices (CICD, Automated Release Management.
• Experience with Jira, Confluence, ServiceNow, SharePoint, Slack.
• Experience with cloud technologies (AWS and Azure) desired.
• Experience in a retail environment preferred.
• Excellent communication skills.
If this sounds like you, then apply now to the amazing Kafka Developer role with our Vancouver client! We’ll review you’re application, and one of our top recruiters will contact you if you’re a good fit!
Please reach out to Troy Peakman with your resume at:
View Original Source Source