Our Company is a premiere flooring contractor working in the Commercial, and Institutional markets. We are seeking to fill the position of a Junior Project Coordinator for a diverse set of tasks related to the Quantity Take-Off, Estimation and Subsequent Procurement processes for our business operations.
This individual will report directly to the Director of Operations and will have significant opportunities to grow and develop their career in the Construction Industry, including Project & Construction Management.
We are looking for individuals with leadership potential and a willingness to take initiative and think for themselves. You will be appreciated and properly rewarded for your performance and goal achievements, both professionally and personally. A key goal is to provide input that will enable the company to make informed decisions, enhance profitability and growth, and move forward.
· Understand the project and its requirements
· Determine the key variables that will influence costs
· Conduct research to obtain cost data on labour, materials and production
· Use software for data analysis, forecasting and budgeting
· Obtain and review offers and quotes by subcontractors and vendors
· Total review of all construction documents and specifications including addendum, RFI and change notices
· Submit RFI’s as required
· Perform risk analysis
· Create and submit estimate reports and proposals for review and submission
· Build relationships with key vendors (subcontractors, suppliers, etc.)
· Provide consultation on planning (schedules, labour needs, etc.)
· Upon project award, coordinate procurement of materials
· Able to do complete take-off with Bluebeam or similar software
· Experience working in the flooring industry is considered an asset
· Outstanding communications and negotiation abilities
· Thoroughness, and excellent organizational skills
· Must have a car
Please send us a copy of your most recent resume.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Numeration based on experience plus incentives
· Casual dress
· On-site parking
· Monday to Friday
· Flooring: 1 year (preferred)
· Estimating: 1 year (preferred)
View Original Source Source