IT Helpdesk Technician #239
Closing Date: January 4 2021
An exciting and challenging opportunity exists for a Temporary, Full-Time IT Helpdesk Technician with the City of Kamloops for approximately one year! The IT Helpdesk Technician is responsible for recording customer calls and remotely troubleshooting user issues. This position is also responsible for all documentation processes, inventory, and helpdesk reporting.
Typical duties of this position include:
- Answers and records client telephone, email, and face-to-face requests for service.
- Investigates, analyzes, and resolves a variety of problems pertinent to personal computers, personal computer peripheral equipment, and voice hardware, as well as the City’s software applications.
- Ensures the installation, maintenance, and upgrading of computer and voice equipment and establishes configurations of equipment by identifying the user’s requirements.
- Keeps informed of new developments in microcomputer and voice hardware, communications, and software. Evaluates the performance of microcomputer and voice hardware and recommends improvements.
- Maintains the hardware and software inventory and ensures the inventory information is accurate and up-to-date. Ensures the network diagrams for equipment are kept up to date.
The successful candidate must have the following qualifications:
- Completion of senior secondary school or its equivalent.
- Completion of a post-secondary diploma from a recognized institute of technology in information systems.
- Completion of CompTIA A+ Certification or equivalent.
- Minimum typing speed of 45 net words per minute as demonstrated through testing.
- Valid BC Driver’s licence – Class 5 or equivalent (due to the temporary nature of this position, the successful applicant is not required to hold this requirement).
- Minimum two years previous experience in personal computer or relevant support services within the last four years.
- Must be able to obtain RCMP enhanced security clearance (due to the temporary nature of this position, the successful applicant is not required to hold this requirement).
This is a temporary position until approximately January 31, 2022.
For new hires, and for those working in designated positions of trust, including those working directly with vulnerable persons, no formal offer of employment will be made until an applicant completes a police information check.
A comprehensive benefits package is included with this position.
CUPE Inside 11
$35.76 (2021 rate)
Hours & Days of Work
Monday – Friday
3 month rotation of each:
7:00 am – 3:00 pm
8:00 am – 4:00 pm
9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Hours per Week
City of Kamloops -> Corporate Services -> Information Technology
Client Services Manager – IT
January 4, 2021
External job postings are open to everyone. We accept applications online only; be sure to carefully read the application instructions for each job you apply to.
We are an equal opportunity employer and thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that persons with disabilities who require assistance with the application process may contact the Human Resources Department at (250) 828-3439.
View Original Source Source