Requisition ID: 31474
Located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh), Vancouver has a commitment to becoming a City of Reconciliation. Vancouver consistently ranks as one of the world’s most liveable cities and is working towards being the greenest city in the world. Named among Canada’s Top 100 Employers, BC’s Top Employers, and Canada’s Greenest Employers, the City of Vancouver seeks colleagues who can help shape and embody our core commitments to sustainability, decolonization, equity and outstanding quality of life for all residents.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose & Function
The primary focus of this role is to support Business adoption, configuration standards and general performance of the City of Vancouver’s Enterprise Service Management platform, ServiceNow. This includes the design and configuration of workflows, catalog items, mobile components and other enhancements as determined by the Technical Product Manager, Strategic Programs (Service Management). As this role is part of a larger Technology Services’ platform support team, there will be times when this role will be asked to provide ServiceNow technical technical support and assist in growing the use of the ServiceNow knowledge base for both Technology Services and the City of Vancouver as a whole. The Analyst will document the service offering, develop best-practice processes, and coordinate the service offering and process build through its release.
There are also opportunities where the role will continue to work on larger projects through the Enterprise Service Management project which may include: process design, implementation and configuration activities, quality control, documentation, and post-implementation reviews.
This position has access to confidential information and makes recommendations for changes in methods, processes and procedures that may impact business processes as well as staffing workloads, working conditions, changes in positions or staffing levels.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
Analyst responsibilities working within the TS Enterprise Service Management team, are:
- Specify, configure and implement the ServiceNow platform enhancements including workflow, user interface (UI), client policies, and business rules, with a focus on appropriate use of out-of-the-box functionality
- Make recommendations and provide knowledge transfer to both Technology Services staff and Business Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) with respect to best practice for IT Service Management processes and ServiceNow platform configuration.
- Work closely with key stakeholders and clients to ensure requirements are clearly understood, documented and prioritized
- Consult and work closely with internal and external technical experts to ensure ServiceNow deliverables are consistent with established TS standards and principles
- Troubleshoot business and production issues by reviewing and analyzing system information (for example, issue, impact, criticality, possible root cause); reviewing and editing solution code; interpreting the results to determine further action; directing actions as designated in the action plan; and completing online documentation.
- Provide technical and functional ServiceNow leadership including effective communication with all levels of management
- Provide support and work with Business SMEs in conducting User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Monitor health, usage and overall compliance of ServiceNow and its applications
- When necessary, provide support and training for the ServiceNow platform and associated applications and modules including issue resolution and performance mitigation, liaising with other technical staff and external specialists as required.
- Expected to employ a high degree of discretion in this position of trust since the Technical Analyst will have access to sensitive information and may recommend key business process changes
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned
Education and Experience:
- A post-secondary degree in Business, Engineering, Computer Science, or a diploma in Information Technology augmented with formal training in the ITIL/ITSM discipline or a combination of education, training and experience.
- 3+ years of technical and / or functional experience in ServiceNow, including participation in complex, enterprise scale projects.
- ServiceNow implementation experience configuring and deploying one or morein ITSM modules (Incident, Problem, Change, CMDB & Asset Management) .
- Experience configuring and deploying one or more ServiceNow ITSM modules
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing enterprise-scale business applications using ServiceNow
- Demonstrated experience with process mapping
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- roven knowledge of the ServiceNow platform and best practices.
- Considerable knowledge of current IT Service Management (ITIL) processes and best practices
- Strong analytical skills, with the demonstrated ability to anticipate and manage the implications of system changes on work processes and procedures.
- Considerable problem-solving skills with the demonstrated ability to investigate and recommend system and process improvements and to implement change within a team framework
- Demonstrated knowledge of current business process review and re-engineering techniques;
- Demonstrated Advanced knowledge of business and systems analysis tools and techniques
- Demonstrated ability to share ServiceNow knowledge and best-practice solutions with other members of Technology Services or Business SMEs, in a group or one-on-one setting
- Ability to work effectively in a team with changing and competing priorities within a timeline-driven and multiple task environment
- Ability to exercise independent judgement in making decisions related to the business needs, architecture principles, technology constraints and cost at that moment
- Working knowledge of the Agile methodology is an asset
Interpersonal and communication skills:
- Flexibility and ability to expertly handle changing priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to employ active listening skills and establish and maintain effective working relationships with technical and non-technical staff
- Ability to work with clients using non-technical language
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to communicate effectively in individual or group situations
- Ability to gain agreement on ideas or concepts
Business Unit/Department: IT, Digital Strategy & 311 (1070)
Employment Type: Temporary Full Time
Position Start Date: August, 2021
Position End Date: August, 2023
Number of Positions: 2
Application Close Date: July 11, 2021
At the City of Vancouver, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. Indigenous applicants, people of colour, all genders, LGBT2Q+ and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Accommodations will be provided upon request during the selection process. If you would like to be considered for this exciting and impactful career opportunity, please apply through our careers site.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
View Original Source Source