Requisition ID: 31553
Located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh), Vancouver has a commitment to becoming a City of Reconciliation. Vancouver consistently ranks as one of the world’s most liveable cities and is working towards being the greenest city in the world. Named among Canada’s Top 100 Employers, BC’s Top Employers, and Canada’s Greenest Employers, the City of Vancouver seeks colleagues who can help shape and embody our core commitments to sustainability, decolonization, equity and outstanding quality of life for all residents.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose & Function
The primary focus of this role is to support Technology Services Enterprise Service Management (primary focus on ServiceNow configuration and expansion process by liaising with Technology Service teams and Business Units to drive the completion of the recommended solution in an agile manner that satisfies both the Business and Technology requirements. This includes drafting a high level MVP (minimum viable product), supporting the definition and configuration of Service Catalog Items and processes, recommending solutions, and completing the solution design prior to coordinating hand off for build and testing by the ESM team.. The suitability of the solution is evaluated based on the functionality supported, the alignment with the established architecture principles and the Service Delivery best practices. There are also opportunities where the business analyst will continue to work on larger projects through the Enterprise Service Management / ServiceNow project which may include: specification, implementation, configuration, quality control, documentation, and post-implementation review project phases, as required
The Business Analysis is expected to be familiar with the ITIL/ITSM methodology and is accountable for documenting the service offering, developing best-practice processes, and coordinating the service offering and process build through to its release. This requires the ability to exercise independent judgement in making decisions related to the business needs, architecture principles, technology constraints and cost at that moment.
This position has access to confidential information and makes recommendations for changes in methods, processes and procedures that may impact on business processes as well as staffing workloads, working conditions, changes in positions or staffing levels.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
Business Analyst responsibilities working within the TS Enterprise Service Management team, are:
- Work with a team or department to understand the service offering, existing process, planning, requirements gathering, specification writing, process design/reengineering, test planning, implementation and documentation
- Work with the Business Unit, Technology Service team and the vendor, to provide analytical support and be responsible for the following deliverables:
- Support the team or department on the documentation of the current business process flow
- Support the team or department on the development of the service offering and future-state business process diagram
- Write specifications, document business rules, use cases, user stories and business process diagrams following the standard defined
- Conduct impact analysis on existing IT environment and business environment
- Validate and identify opportunities for improvement and align business and technology needs with the revised process and service offering selected solution
- Facilitate process review workshops using lean and other techniques
- Facilitate meetings with stakeholders in the branch and across other departments to confirm the requirements and process changes
- Work closely with Technology Services teams and vendors to clarify the system functional boundary
- Work closely with the vendor to ensure that configuration and any custom development continues to meet business needs Manage the Catalog dashboard to maintain visibility of current catalog requests
- Compiling select intake requests for review by approval committee(s)
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned
Education and Experience:
- A post-secondary degree in Business, Engineering, Computer Science, or a diploma in Information Technology augmented with formal training in the Business Analysis discipline or a combination of education, training and experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as an intermediate business analyst, participating in complex enterprise scale projects, preferably in a municipal environment.
- The candidate must have demonstrated practice in developing and implementing enterprise-scale business applications and with software procurement processes.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of ServiceNow, and IT Service Management processes and best practices is a definite asset
- Working knowledge of the Agile methodology is an asset
- Knowledge of current business process review and re-engineering techniques; design and change management. They must possess strong analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to analyze and anticipate implications of system changes on work processes and procedures.
- Employ a high degree of discretion in this position of trust since the Business Analyst will have access to sensitive information
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills, while exhibiting the skills necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships with technical and non-technical staff
- A high level of proficiency with technology applications is expected, as is the ability to work effectively in a timeline driven environment.
- Interpersonal and communication skills:
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to demonstrate active listening skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in individual or group situations
- Ability to gain agreement on ideas or concepts
Business Unit/Department: IT, Digital Strategy & 311 (1070)
Employment Type: Temporary Full Time
Position Start Date: August, 2021
Position End Date: August, 2023
Application Close Date: July 11, 2021
At the City of Vancouver, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. Indigenous applicants, people of colour, all genders, LGBT2Q+ and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Accommodations will be provided upon request during the selection process. If you would like to be considered for this exciting and impactful career opportunity, please apply through our careers site.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
View Original Source Source