We are seeking an Intermediate to Senior level Electrical Drafter for a well established industrial automation client of ours in the Vancouver area. This is a great opportunity to contribute to work on diverse projects with a reputable a company that has seen tremendous growth over the last few years.
– Competitive total compensation and benefits package
– Diverse project work
• Provide CAD drawings for automation systems, including panel elevations, layouts and electrical schematics for VFD’s, MCC’s and PLC’s.
• Support the development of drafting policies and plans for continuous improvement of the Drafting Department.
• Work with the engineering team to ensure consistent drawings while providing the technical content and layouts they require.
• Prioritize and manage drafting work on concurrent projects.
• Manage and maintain drawing standards, including symbols, nomenclature, as required.
• Maintain a record of drawing revisions and transmittals.
• Provide technical guidance and mentoring to the junior drafters.
• Collaborate with the Engineering team to create and maintaining engineering standards.
• Support automation systems testing during the manufacturing phase.
-Certification in Computer-Aided Design (CAD).
-AutoCAD and/or Solidworks-Electrical are preferred.
-Experience in industrial automation systems
-5 years + experience in drafting, ideally with electrical focus (i.e. one-line diagrams, wiring diagrams, schematics, loop drawings, etc.)
– Able to prepare complex electrical schematics from rough sketches and/or verbal instructions from the engineering team.
-Strong working knowledge of Word and Excel.
-Strong organizational, communication and time management skills.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity please forward your resume via email to Nick Paraskeva | email@example.com
View Original Source Source