Be a part of something great!
Infrastructure Asset Technician
(from approx. January 25, 2021 to December 22, 2023)
Competition File #: 21-U002
Web Site: tol.ca
Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 135,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for a temporary full-time Infrastructure Asset Technician (from approx. January 25, 2021 to December 22, 2023) to join our team of professionals in the Engineering Division; Asset Management Department. Reporting to the Infrastructure Assets Manager, in this unionized position you will be responsible for providing technical and administrative support to the Engineering Division as it relates to infrastructure asset management.
- Generate, maintain and update all maintenance work requests and work orders in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Provide support in preventative maintenance scheduling and asset inventory entry into the CMMS and other systems
- Perform a variety of tasks including field inspections and assessing condition of existing assets
- Collect asset inventory data and develop and maintain a database of record inspections and asset inventory
- Prepare reports, deliver presentations, assist with the preparation of grant applications and complete BC One call requests
- Perform related work as required
- Completion of the first year of an undergraduate degree or diploma supplemented by technical courses related to the work plus considerable related experience or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Considerable knowledge of the engineering principles, materials, equipment, practices and techniques used in design, construction, installation, maintenance and renewal/rehabilitation of various municipal infrastructure
- Sound knowledge of engineering terminology, materials, equipment, practices and techniques and the ability to act as liaison and coordinator for major construction projects, contract documentation and administration of various types of construction, installation and Township programs
- Ability to review, analyze, assess and interpret plans, specifications, contracts and other materials related to the work will be essential in this position
- Extensive computer familiarity is required with proficiency in asset management operations and systems in a municipal environment
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications/licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
BC Class 5 (full-privilege) Driver’s License. You must include with your application a current Personal Driving Record (select the 5 year option if obtaining online) that has been obtained within 6 months of the closing date. To obtain a copy of your Personal Driving Record, please contact ICBC directly or the driving authority where you reside. Please note that a copy of your Driver’s Licence and the Drivers Factor Report will not be accepted.
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $32.90 – $38.73 per hour (5 steps, 2020 rates) plus 13% in lieu of benefits. The hours of work are Monday to Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal closing date for this competition: January 12, 2021
External closing date for this competition: January 18, 2021
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
View Original Source Source