ICT Project Manager II
Regular Full Time (Exempt)
One of BC’s Top Employers, the City of Coquitlam is the sixth largest city in BC, home to more than 150,000 residents. Our municipality continues to grow through innovative urban design, inspiring arts, culture and recreation programs, and state- of-the-art transportation systems. Our brand is built on managing our resources in a responsible and sustainable manner, while supporting a vibrant, growing regional urban centre.
As the result of a promotion, the City of Coquitlam is seeking an innovative Project Manager for the Information and Communications Technology division. This position is one of 5 excluded managers reporting to the Manager Information Communications and Technology (ICT) and falls within the Corporate Services Department. The ICT Project Manager II will work with key stakeholder groups across the City to tackle forward thinking and fast paced projects.
This exciting role requires both an understanding of project management principles and the corporate direction of the City. The ICT Project Manager II will be responsible for successfully managing ICT projects through the full project management lifecycle including but not limited to research and planning, stakeholder engagement, budget control, risk management, change management, reporting and implementation. The successful candidate will possess a high degree of political and business acumen while managing projects with varying degrees of risk, ensuring quality and project milestones are met and project delivery meets or exceeds organizational standards. As a key member of the ICT Management team, our candidate will work closely with telecom service providers, local businesses, developers, property owners, external contractors and all departments within the city towards meeting the needs of our community.
The successful incumbent will have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with a “natural” ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships, as well as the ability to draft council reports, business correspondence and make presentations to senior leaders and stakeholder groups. The incumbent will also be highly organized with a proven ability to manage multiple projects or demands within a project involving several components, including properly identifying stakeholder interests, budget constraints, competing organizational priorities and the ability to utilize appropriate project management tools and techniques. This position will play a variety of key roles for the City with the overall objective of ensuring that the City’s vision, strategy, priorities, and objectives are understood, supported and advanced in an effective manner in conjunction with other assigned projects. Examples of key work activities include:
- Planning, managing and implementing large scale, complex projects involving internal departments, external agencies and contractors.
- Working with key stakeholders throughout projects to assist them in confirming their project needs, scope of work, budget estimates, funding and timing of work.
- Effectively communicate, liaise and manage the work of project teams inclusive of staff, consultants, contractors and external stakeholders as warranted.
- Coordinates project schedule and deliverables with internal departments and or external agencies.
- Oversees project implementation and makes changes to project plan as required.
- Identify and manage risks, issues and dependencies.
- Provide timely, clear and concise project status reports to the key departmental managers and stakeholders.
- Developing and implementing PMO processes and policies.
- Proficiency in communicating in non-technical terms with project stakeholders through face-to-face meetings, project plans, project status reports, etc.;
- Extensive change management experience;
- Expertise in evaluating business processes, gathering business and technical requirements, and identifying and recommending areas for improvement;
The ideal candidate with have a Bachelors Degree in Business, Information Communications and Technology, Computer Science, and/or another relevant discipline and a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a PMP or similar designation. Experience within a municipal or regional government setting is preferred. You will have a balanced blend of technical and corporate expertise. This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate individual to take a leadership role in a growing city. The successful candidate will be compensated with an attractive salary, excellent benefits and a great deal of job satisfaction.
- Experience leading/directing staff on divisional strategies and business plan objectives.
- Strong understanding of a project management principles
- Track record of success in promoting and maintaining a work environment which fosters and rewards teamwork, initiative, accountability, diversity and innovation.
- Ability to adapt to a continually evolving environment centred around team focused, fast-paced workplace design.
- Strong financial skills through experience managing budgets, analyzing expenditures and familiarity with the costs and framework of service agreements
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to negotiate, influence, and liaise effectively with colleagues, members of the public and external service providers.
- Advanced research, analytical and problem solving skills, with an ability to identify and interpret emerging issues.
- An understanding of the strategic direction of the City.
- Experience working within or alongside local government teams, other public sector organizations and external stakeholders such as environmental authorities will be considered an asset
The City offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package. Applicants under consideration will be required to undergo a police security clearance evaluation.
Please apply online at www.coquitlam.ca/careers by 11:55pm February 1, 2021.
The City of Coquitlam is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
View Original Source Source