ICT Infrastructure Manager
Regular Full Time (Exempt)
One of BC’s Top Employers, the City of Coquitlam is the sixth largest city in BC, home to more than 150,000 residents. Our municipality continues to grow through innovative urban design, inspiring arts, culture and recreation programs, and state- of-the-art transportation systems. Our brand is built on managing our resources in a responsible and sustainable manner, while supporting a vibrant, growing regional urban centre.
As the result of an upcoming retirement, the City of Coquitlam is currently seeking an innovative and driven Infrastructure Manager for the Information and Communications Technology Division. This position is one of 5 direct reports to the Manager Information Communications and Technology (ICT) and falls within the Corporate Services Department. The ICT Infrastructure Manager has 6 unionized positions reporting to it, as well as 4 unionized indirect reports.
As the ICT Infrastructure Manager, you will oversee a team responsible for providing technical services and support across the City. In this role, you will focus on delivering exceptional business services to clients across a variety of City departments. You will be a dynamic and flexible individual with a “can do” attitude. As the ICT Infrastructure Manager you will be responsible for leading a team that plays an integral role in corporate projects creating the opportunity to work with a number of stakeholders. This will involve liaising with internal and external customers, and at times other levels of government, or the general public.
This position will participate in work across a number of City projects requiring technical expertise and will offer innovative and cutting edge technology solutions to peers within the Information and Communication Technology division and beyond. Considerable independent leadership, innovation and judgment are required in managing, planning and organizing the key responsibilities of this role.
This exciting role requires both an understanding of technical services and the corporate direction of the City. The successful candidate will showcase excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills and the ability to work effectively with internal and external stakeholders. The ICT Infrastructure Manager is an integral part of a dynamic management team reporting to the Manager ICT and peers to this position include the Application Services Manager, the Telecom Services manager and two ICT Project Managers.
In addition to a Bachelors Degree in Business, Information Communications and Technology, Computer Science, and/or another relevant discipline, you preferably possess a minimum of 7 years of related experience with at least 3 years within a municipal or regional government setting. You will have a balanced blend of technical and corporate expertise. The high- level energy and the leadership demands of this position will be compensated with an attractive salary, excellent benefits and a great deal of job satisfaction.
- Experience leading/directing staff on divisional strategies and business plan objectives.
- Strong understanding of a support desk environment.
- Track record of success in promoting and maintaining a work environment which fosters and rewards teamwork, initiative, accountability, diversity and innovation.
- Ability to adapt to a continually evolving environment centred around team focused, fast-paced workplace design.
- Strong financial skills through experience managing budgets, analyzing expenditures and familiarity with the costs and framework of service agreements
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to negotiate, influence, and liaise effectively with colleagues, members of the public and external service providers.
- Advanced research, analytical and problem solving skills, with an ability to identify and interpret emerging issues.
- An understanding of the strategic direction of the City.
- Experience working within or alongside local government teams, other public sector organizations and external stakeholders such as environmental authorities will be considered an asset
The City offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package. Applicants under consideration will be required to undergo a police security clearance evaluation.
Please apply online at www.coquitlam.ca/careers by 11:55pm December 2, 2020.
The City of Coquitlam is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
View Original Source Source