Human Resources Manager, Employee & Labour Relations
Competition # 21-020
Status: Regular Full Time – Exempt
Department: Human Resources
Closing: February 28, 2021
Founded in 1874, Maple Ridge is one of BC’s oldest communities and one of the fastest growing Cities in Metro Vancouver. This tremendous pace of growth creates opportunities for professionals like you to bring your passion and talent to our organization. This is a place where you can make a difference, serve your community with pride and professionalism and work with our elected representatives to turn their vision for our community into action.
The City of Maple Ridge has an exciting and challenging opportunity, for an energetic and self-motivated professional, as its Human Resources Manager, Employee & Labour Relations. Reporting to the Executive Director, Human Resources, this position will be assigned a client portfolio whereby the incumbent will provide a full array of human resources services. The incumbent will also have a deep understanding and will be the subject matter expert within employee/labour relation and health and safety portfolios. This individual will provide advice on collective agreements, corporate policies, and applicable jurisprudence and legislation and the Occupation Health and Safety Program. Working in a fast paced dynamic and changing environment your strong analytical and problems solving skills will be an asset. This position will conduct workplace investigations advises managers in matters of culpable and non-culpable matters, and makes recommendations on appropriate outcomes or resolutions, Liaise with legal counsel as required. Supports management in responding to and resolving grievances and complaints; negotiates and drafts grievance settlements and letters of agreement. Represents management in arbitration or collective bargaining as required and participates in collective bargaining.
YOU WILL BE A FANTASTIC MATCH FOR THIS ROLE IF YOU BRING:
- Degree or Labour Relations Certificate (supplemented by 10 or more years’ related management experience) in Human Resources or combination of related education and experience;
- 10+ years in management;
- Public Sector and Municipal experience;
- CPHR designation is preferred;
- Passion for developing an organizational culture that is rooted in the HR service standard of “we care”;
- Ability to lead and be proactive;
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Strong desire for collaboration and teamwork;
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to communicate information visually;
- Creativity and willingness to try new things;
- Ability to balance multiple priorities simultaneously;
- Ability to follow through on commitments and meet assigned deadlines;
- Comfortable with consistent change;
- Strong desire to problem solve, execute, and drive results;
- Ability to be forthright when something is not working effectively;
- High degree of organizational and time management skills.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
We offer a positive, supportive, team-based work environment with an emphasis on collaboration. We believe in lifelong learning and are committed to providing and supporting training and professional development opportunities for our staff. If you have a positive, can-do attitude and a keen sense of humor, you will fit right in!
Maple Ridge is a great place to work with competitive compensation packages that include the municipal pension plan, a strong employee wellness program and the opportunity for professional career growth and professional development.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
View Original Source Source