Human Resources Coordinator
Position Status: Full-Time Temporary (This position to last not later than July 30, 2021)
Department: Human Resources and Corporate Services
Employee Group: Exempt
Location: 4730 Kingsway, Burnaby
Salary Range/ Wage Rate: $ 2,540.40 – $ 2,988.45 bi-weekly
Our Human Resources & Corporate Services Department is seeking an experienced and detail oriented Human Resources Coordinator to join our HR team at our Metrotown office. The ideal candidate will work as part of a team of four HR Coordinators responsible for supporting full cycle recruitment activities. The successful candidate will have HRIS experience (preferably PeopleSoft) entering and maintaining information in support of the employee lifecycle, supporting recruitment processes and providing information and assistance to internal and external contacts. Experience with an applicant tracking system is preferred as well as experience working in a unionized environment.
The Human Resources Coordinator reports to the Division Manager, HR Systems, Benefits & Metrics and falls within our Professional / Technical, Level 1 job family.
- Ensures the integrity of data entered in the Human Resources Information System (HRIS) including the accuracy of compensation data and approved FTE. Maintains data in HRIS (PeopleSoft), and evaluates errors, takes corrective action for remedy, and tests new reports and processes prior to implementation.
- Reviews and prepares human resources action forms ensuring employee moves and changes are implemented in accordance with system requirements and collective agreement rules; resolves problems with HR advisor and consults the Division Manager on exceptions to established practices.
- Screens job requisitions and extensions and provides assistance to managers on recruitment and employment processes.
- Facilitates full-cycle recruitment activities including drafting of posting documents, making recommendations on placement and content of advertisements, and providing input on the inclusion of assessment tools such as criminal records checks, references, and pre-screening questions.
- Provides clear and consistent information and explanations regarding HR related policies, procedures, collective agreement language, and other applicable requirements to staff, managers, and candidates.
- Assists with reference checks probing areas of concern that have been raised through the reference check or via the interview process and provides detailed feedback to HR advisor.
- Maintains an accurate record of recruitment and employment activities ensuring approvals, corrections and changes are documented.
- Conducts research and makes recommendations for special projects such as recruitment outreach activities.
- Performs other related duties as required.
To be successful, you have:
- 2-3 years of recent, related experience supplemented by a university degree or diploma in a relevant discipline such as human resources or business; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Previous experience working in a complex, multi-union environment is an asset.
- Designation as a Certified Human Resource Professional is an asset.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and acts such as Employment Standards and the Human Rights Code.
- Ability to apply policies, procedures, and collective agreement language to routine and unique situations as well as determine cases requiring the involvement of a manager or appropriate advisor.
- Ability to use judgment to evaluate, research, and resolve problems within established guidelines and procedures and determine which methods are applicable in any given situation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively listen, and support the resolution of problems; demonstrated ability to draft business letters, memos, and job postings from limited instructions or precedent.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain effective and respectful working relationships; applies team effectiveness skills and contributes to the achievement of team goals.
- Skill in dealing tactfully and sensitively in a variety of situations including exercising substantial discretion with highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize tasks to meet multiple time based deliverables requiring a high level of detail and accuracy; persistent in overcoming obstacles.
- Considerable proficiency using a complex HRIS such as PeopleSoft.
- Considerable proficiency administering an applicant tracking system such as PeopleSoft Recruiting or other comparable system.
- Proficiency using Microsoft office programs, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Metro Vancouver embraces collaboration and innovation in providing sustainable regional services that contribute to a livable and resilient region and a healthy natural environment for current and future generations.
Please follow this link http://www.metrovancouver.org/about/careers/ to our Careers page where you can submit your application by September 30, 2020.
National Education Award
Civicjobs.ca supports education in the Local Government sector.
Tools & Resources
Canada’s #1 Local Government job posting website.
Postings by Email
Receive email alerts, or sign up for our weekly e-bulletin.
View Original Source Source