Requisition ID: 31015
Company: Vancouver Public Library
Worksite: Human Resources
The Vancouver Public Library (VPL) is the third largest public library system in Canada, with 800 staff members offering services at 21 branches across the city. VPL values a diverse workforce which represents the vibrant community we so proudly service. Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive, and rewarding workplace.
Job Summary: As a member of the Vancouver Public Library’s Human Resources Department, the Human Resources Consultant is the primary point of contact for operational partners within their assigned portfolio and consults on a wide variety of issues including employee and labour relations, performance management, recruitment and selection, disability management, classification and compensation, HR metrics/reporting, and organizational development. The Consultant leads or assists in the development and execution of HR projects providing project coordination and HR expertise related to the project.
Education and Qualifications:
- Professional Human Resources designation (CPHR) combined with a university degree in Human Resources or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of progressive related human resources experience in a large organization, preferably within the public sector and union environment.
- Considerable experience working within the labour relations field.
- Full cycle recruitment experience, experience with high volume recruitment is preferred.
- Experience supporting training and development programming.
- Experience in a municipal or library environment and familiarity with local government regulatory requirements would be an asset.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent knowledge of Human Resources practices, including labour relations.
- Thorough knowledge of recruitment best practices.
- Current knowledge of library service, administration and management would be an asset.
- Strong commitment to serving clients; open, pragmatic and responsive to clients and community.
- Demonstrated ability to manage the delivery of human resources services and to effectively manage multiple projects and priorities at the same time.
- Ability to be innovative and flexible in a rapidly changing library environment, and to lead organizational change, development of staff and teamwork
- Demonstrated level of professionalism and confidentiality with strong ethics.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent problem solving ability supplemented by strong analytical and organizational skills
- Good working knowledge of database programs and proficient with programs including Microsoft Office and advanced complex human resources systems.
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Salary: $74,346 to $92,937 per year
Schedule: 35 hours/week
Note: Work schedules may change with reasonable notice.
Closing date: Sunday, June 20, 2021 at 11:59pm
We thank all applicants for their interest. The applicant must be prepared to work at any location in the system. A Police Record Check is a condition of employment. Please refer to our policy for further information. Personal information collected is used in accordance with the BC Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Vancouver Public Library is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, people of all sexual orientations and genders, and others who may contribute to further diversifying the Library
View Original Source Source