Human Resources Assistant
Position Status: Full-Time Temporary (This position to last not later than April 30, 2021)
Department: Human Resources and Corporate Services
Employee Group: Exempt
Location: 4730 Kingsway, Burnaby
Salary Range/ Wage Rate: $2,283.75 – $ 2,686.13 bi-weekly
Our Human Resources Department is seeking an organized, resourceful and pro-active Human Resources Assistant to provide HR reception, interview scheduling and administrative support to the HR team.
You are: A confident and organized multi-tasker with excellent communication skills (written and verbal) who thrives in a busy work environment. Keen attention to detail, strong Microsoft Office skills, extensive calendar management experience and the ability to work with minimal supervision are essential.
The Human Resources Assistant reports to the Office Manager and falls within our Corporate Support, Level 1 job family.
- Performs reception duties and is the first point of contact for employees and the public requiring information pertaining to Human Resources matters such as career opportunities, recruitment processes, corporate policies, training records and employment verifications.
- Receives and processes candidate applications, schedules interviews and administers testing of candidates. Assists internal and external applicants who are having difficulty submitting their resumes or who have inquiries about the recruitment process.
- Tracks, processes, and files internal job applications and seeks guidance on inconsistencies.
- Coordinates interviews including scheduling applicants and the selection committee, reserving interview rooms and preparing resources such as video and phone conferencing equipment.
- Makes arrangements with clerical pool and external agency clerical staff to fill temporary short term staffing needs. Monitors assignment durations, tracks extensions and advises on anomalies. Reviews accuracy of invoices for agency staff, and calculates and prepares remittance of union dues.
- Generates a variety of reports from PeopleSoft for distribution to Human Resources staff, client departments and the unions. Sends and tracks legal invoices.
- Prepares and sends standard correspondence to employees that are terminating and ensures all relevant documentation is included. Sends and tracks receipt of eligibility for rehire forms from hiring supervisors.
- Prepares correspondence for employees requesting verification of employment.
- Provides administrative support for the delivery of employee training programs including processing training forms, new employee orientation forms, course evaluations, providing course information, updating training records, updating course waitlists, and providing course registration confirmation.
- Assists with setting up and registration of webinars for the department.
- Assists with outreach events including registration, hotel and transportation bookings, shipping equipment and tracking expenses.
- Processes employee recognition requests including ordering items and processing invoices.
- Sets up and maintains departmental files using an electronic records information system ensuring compliance with corporate records management standards. Prepares departmental and employee files for off-site storage.
- Processes incoming mail and invoices; orders and maintains stationery and office supplies; files; photocopies; orders catering.
- Performs other related duties as required.
To be successful, you have:
- 2 years of recent, related experience supplemented by a high school graduation and completion of relevant post-secondary courses such as a certificate program in office or business administration; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Ability to work independently under general direction, including using judgment to manage and prioritize day-to-day priorities.
- Demonstrated commitment to, and considerable experience delivering a high level of customer service.
- Demonstrated communication skills (verbal and written), including the ability to effectively listen and assist in resolving problems.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external contacts.
- Ability to exercise substantial discretion and deal with highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to apply policies, procedures and collective agreement language to routine situations.
- A high level of attention to detail, including the ability to process data efficiently and accurately.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work under time constraints and with frequent interruptions.
- Strong administrative skills and knowledge of office procedures and filing systems (electronic and paper).
- Practical knowledge of a complex Human Resources Management System such as PeopleSoft is an asset.
- Advanced skills using Microsoft office programs, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Metro Vancouver embraces collaboration and innovation in providing sustainable regional services that contribute to a livable and resilient region and a healthy natural environment for current and future generations.
Please follow this link http://www.metrovancouver.org/about/careers/ to our Careers page where you can submit your application by December 3, 2020.
View Original Source Source