Human Resources Assistant
West Kelowna is an emerging city where opportunity awaits in the spectacular Okanagan Valley. Captivating lakes and mountains, orchards and vineyards provide countless recreational opportunities. Find your life balance here and grow your career with us. West Kelowna is calling! We love it here… and we are certain you will too!
The City of West Kelowna is looking to expand our HR Team and onboard a Part-Time HR Assistant to support our growing City. The ideal candidate is someone who excels in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment with changing priorities and flexible to work 2 to 3 days per week. The position requires a high-energy individual who takes initiative and delivers excellent service to City staff and the public while building effective working relationships.
The HR Assistant will provide superior service, administrative and research support in the areas of recruitment, training and development, policies, programs and procedures, health and safety, employee and labour relations, risk management, recognition and other projects.
Responsibilities include: perform duties as the first point of contact for employees and the public, supporting full- cycle recruitment activities, assist with HR administration, generate a variety of reports, scheduling and administration of a variety of training and training records, provide administration in our health and safety program, prepare and maintain departmental and employee files, participates in projects which involve researching, compiling and analyzing information.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Degree or Diploma in Human Resources or combination of related education and experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a related position preferable in a unionized environment
- Knowledgeable in recruitment and legislation applicable to human resources such as the Human Rights Code, Employment Standards Act, and Workers’ Compensation Act
- Proficient in MS Office; knowledge of HRIS and ATS is an asset
- Experience handling highly confidential information with discretion and integrity
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational, time management and planning skills
- Strong work ethic with the flexibility to adjust hours when required
- Class 5 BC Drivers License
This permanent, part-time exempt position offers a competitive salary, Municipal Pension Plan and wellness programs for your work/life balance.
Please apply online at www.westkelownacity.ca/jobs. Thank you for your interest. Please note only complete applications will be considered and only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
COMPETITION 21-16E | CLOSES JANUARY 31, 2021
View Original Source Source