Human Resources Advisor
HOURS OF WORK:
35 hours per week
4:00 p.m., January 15, 2021
Encompassing an unparalleled geographic region in the heart of British Columbia, the Thompson-Nicola Regional District (TNRD) offers the best of both worlds. Urban life within vibrant communities and outlying rural regions that showcase the region’s beauty – pristine but rugged mountains, rolling grasslands, lush evergreen forests, and both historical and modern areas, all within 45,000 square kilometres. Headquartered in the City of Kamloops, the TNRD provides a wide range of local government services to the population of 130,000 living within its 11 diverse municipalities and 10 electoral areas.
Supporting the Director of Corporate Services and HR, the HR Advisor participates in departmental strategic planning and will be accountable for a variety of human resource generalist activities including staffing, planning and administration, employee and labour relations, training and development and compensation. The HR Advisor is responsible for the day-to-day administration of human resource activities, developing practices and working with managers, employees and their representatives to develop and foster effective working relationships. The primary responsibility of this position is to provide advice and guidance to supervisors, managers, unionized employees and their representatives to ensure consistency and appropriate implementation of employer best practices, the collective agreement, Regional District policies and statutory requirements. This position works closely with the HR and Safety Coordinator, and provides coverage for this position as required.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- An undergraduate degree in Business with a major in Human Resources; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of five years of related human resources experience in a unionized environment.
- Attained or eligible for certification as a Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR).
Skills and Abilities
Thorough knowledge of staffing practices and the ability to achieve, in consultation with hiring committees, consensus and sound hiring decisions.
- Considerable knowledge of labour relations practices, precedents and collective agreement applications.
- Knowledge of the Labour Relations Code, Human Rights Code, Employment Standards Act, and their application to the Regional District.
- Ability to gain cooperation and create positive working relationships with all levels of internal and external managers, employees and clients.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and to exercise considerable judgment in the performance of duties and in the establishment of priorities.
- Ability to present viewpoints and ideas effectively in both written and oral form.
This is a non-union position, with a competitive compensation package being offered.
Please email your application to email@example.com by 4:00 p.m. on January 15, 2021.
(Please include your name and the competition number: 2020-044 in the subject line of your email.) Applications must include a cover letter and a resume outlining your qualifications and experience.
Working together, we provide exceptional public service in a supportive, flexible environment
While we appreciate the interest of all applicants,
only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Thank you for considering the Thompson-Nicola Regional District as a place to share your talents!
View Original Source Source