Human Resources Advisor – Recruitment
WHO WE ARE
As a recognized leader in emergency communications, E-Comm is an organization that provides first responders and the public with critical life-safety services in communities across B.C. Our people are passionate about their work and public safety. We operate two emergency communications centres – one located in Vancouver and one in Saanich. E-Comm also provides integrated police and fire call taking and dispatch services to more than 70 police and fire departments and owns/operates the largest multi-jurisdictional, tri-service wide-area radio network in B.C. We are proud to serve communities across this beautiful province through our four operational and administrative locations in Vancouver, Burnaby and Saanich. Learn more at www.ecomm911.ca
WHO YOU ARE
We are looking for an individual who thrives on making a difference and who embraces challenges, variety, diversity and our corporate values of respect, integrity, collaboration, accountability and service. Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, the Human Resources Advisor is responsible for providing high-quality advice and support to management, employees and the HR team for our recruitment and selection process and programs including onboarding. The HR Advisor is a subject matter expert and guides the work of recruitment staff and also recommends and participates in the development and implementation of program improvements, processes and strategies.
- An ambitious person who has demonstrated abilities and multi-tasking skills in a fast paced, dynamic working environment?
- Innovative and look for solutions when confronted with challenges?
- Comfortable taking ownership of your actions and behaviors and seeing things through to completion and evaluation?
- Curious and always taking the initiative to improve processes?
- An innovative, motivated and enthusiastic Recruiter who loves meeting new candidates and recognizing fit for positions?
- A resourceful and responsive team player and relationship builder with internal and external clients?
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Provide expert advice, guidance and coaching to managers, supervisory staff and employees on issues related to full cycle recruitment, talent acquisition, and management of the employee experience while on boarding, off boarding and during their probationary period. Ensures advice complies with the collective agreement, legislative requirements, industry standards and corporate policies.
- Develop corporate recruitment strategies and services to support senior leadership by identifying, sourcing, screening and qualifying candidates successfully filling vacancies in a competitive job market.
- Maintain strong internal and external working relationships to foster continuous performance excellence, identifies recruitment needs, researches and advises on emerging trends, advises on best practices and plans and carries out corporate recruitment initiatives to meet critical staffing needs.
- Facilitate the end-to-end recruitment process by utilizing innovative, creative and professional recruiting methods, coordinating and developing tailored advertising material, and developing proposals for improved opportunities for advertising.
- Create role profiles for positions in partnership with the hiring manager to accurately define KSAs and competencies to support the search for the best suited candidates.
- Create and implement reporting metrics using a variety of technical systems that support the needs of the business.
- Act as a technical and subject matter expert on department-supported systems. Develop and implement best practices; recommend system feature enhancements and work closely with the departmental managers to ensure that all system enhancements and functionality are working effectively; provide training and coaching on system functionality and features.
- Guide the work of the HR Coordinators as it relates to recruitment and project work.
- Participate in the development and implementation of human resources information management systems and programs; recommend changes and modifications to improve efficiency; provide training to managers and new users on human resources systems and programs.
- Participate in the job evaluation process and liaises with the employee, manager and the compensation person to help develop, revise and evaluate job descriptions; updates, and executes all outcomes pertaining to job reclassifications and controls and maintains all position data.
- Research, write and/or contribute to a variety of reports with recommendations on human resources programs, draft policies, strategic plans, projects and tactics.
- Perform related work as required.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Extensive knowledge of human resources and recruitment principles and practices, hiring regulations and codes of ethics
- Proven time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrates excellent communication (both written and verbal), facilitation and influencing skills.
- Diploma or degree in Human Resources or related field plus three (3) to five (5) years’ recruiting experience at a high level in a unionized environment and dynamic organization or an equivalent, combination of education, experience and training
- Driver’s License for the Province of British Columbia.
- Required Police Security Clearance applicable to the position must be acquired and maintained.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Meaningful work – work with a sense of purpose, supporting the public and first-responders.
- Competitive salary – with the opportunity for increases.
- Generous vacation plan.
- Earned Time Off – eligibility to participate in our Accumulated Time-Off Program.
- Excellent extended health and dental benefits.
- Pension – we are members of the Municipal Pension Plan, a defined benefits fund.
- Career development – we are supportive in developing your skills while pursuing your career at E-Comm.
- Number of positions: One (1)
- Job status: Temporary Full-Time
- Hours of work: Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week
- Employee Group: Exempt
- Department: Human Resources
- Location: E-Comm Lower Mainland – 3301 E. Pender Street, Vancouver,
- CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Friday, March 12, 2021 @ 11:59pm Pacific Time
HOW TO APPLY
Submit your resume and application at www.ecomm911.ca/join-our-team/apply-now
View Original Source Source