School District No. 36 (Surrey)
Human Resource Assistant
School District No. 36 (Surrey)
Temporary Full Time (1 year)
An eligibility list may be established for this position.
The Surrey Schools is a large, dynamic and established School District. We have over 11,000 employees who passionately deliver, or support the delivery, of quality education programming for over 74,000 learners.
We are seeking a well-rounded and experienced Human Resources (HR) practitioner with a broad knowledge of HR functions to bring HR savvy, initiative, organizational skills, and attention to this exciting opportunity.
This temporary full-time opportunity is available for one (1) year.
Under the direction of an Associate Manager or Manager in Human Resources, the Human Resources
Assistant may perform one or more of the following duties:
- Providing general Human Resources support and information to all employee groups, Teachers, Support Staff, Principals and Vice-Principals, and Exempt Staff
- Interpreting and applying collective agreements, District policies or contracts
- Assisting with talent acquisition and onboarding of new hires
- Assisting with disability management and workplace accommodations
- Providing benefits administration support
- Updating and ensuring data accuracy in the human resources information system (HRIS) and databases
- Generating various Human Resources related reports
- Assisting with other administrative functions performed within the Human Resources department as required
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Must possess a minimum of three (3) years’ related HR experience, preferably in a unionized setting. The ideal candidate will possess recent highly successful experience within a fast paced HR department
- A diploma or higher in Human Resources and/or an HR specialty are assets
- Experience with HR information systems/databases. Must possess excellent computer skills and thorough knowledge of Microsoft Word and Outlook. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel is an asset
- Exemplary and proven interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Proven critical thinking and problem solving abilities
- Flexibility is a must, with a strong orientation for customer service and teamwork
- Self-starter with excellent organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize effectively, resolve routine issues independently, and achieve results
- Tact and ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
This position works in an office environment, requiring infrequent travel to various work locations within School District #36 (Surrey). Conditions of employment are established by Surrey School District’s exempt terms of employment and Human Resources policies and procedures. As such, normal work hours are 8:00 am – 4:00 pm, Monday to Friday. Additional hours or time outside of the normal work hours may be necessary based on operational requirements.
The starting salary for this position is $49,799 per annum plus a competitive benefit package.
This temporary full-time opportunity is available for one (1) year and is in our Health Services unit. If new vacancies arise in our HR department including indeterminate positions, this posting may be used for those vacancies as well.
Qualified and interested applicants should apply at https://bit.ly/3qKLiyu by 4:00 p.m. Wednesday, December 23, 2020.
Note: Successful applicants will be required to consent to a Criminal Record search prior to employment. Only those persons selected for interview will be contacted. To all others, thank you for your interest.
View Original Source Source