Position Status: Full-Time Temporary (This position to last not later than December 31, 2020)
Department: Regional Planning & Housing Services
Employee Group: GVRDEU
Location: 4730 Kingsway, Burnaby
Salary Range/ Wage Rate: $2,422.40 bi-weekly plus 6.25% deferred compensation
Our Regional Planning & Housing Services Department is seeking a Housing Dispatcher who will create and track Purchase Orders in a customized computer program, servicing 49 multi-unit housing sites.
You are: detail oriented, a quick learner and have the ability to effectively interact and provide service to work groups within a nonprofit housing environment.
This role: (The duties described hereunder are intended to be representative of the position and are not to be considered as all inclusive.)
- Contracts on behalf of the MVHC for Standing Offer Agreements (SOA) and non SOA contractors as per the limits set by the Metro Vancouver Finance Department.
- Produces MVHC Purchase Orders for external contractors in accordance with Corporate Policies & Procedures.
- Produces Work Orders.
- Assesses maintenance requests to determine if the work should be allocated to operations staff, contractor, or technical staff for further investigation.
- Assigns work to appropriate resources.
- Assesses after-hours emergency maintenance calls and authorizes repair work required.
- Schedules all regular maintenance inspections (fire, generators, sewage/water lines etc) required. Responsible to ensure that all deficiencies are corrected in a timely manner.
- Reviews asbestos inventory and provide available asbestos information to contractors related to the work being performed.
- Prepares Purchasing Requisitions for services that fall outside contracting limits.
- Reviews invoices for reasonableness, compares to confirmations received from staff, ensures that they are consistent with established contract terms, and approves invoices for payment.
- Evaluates established operational procedures and provides suggestions for review.
- Maintains records and documents related to maintenance (including asset management records).
- Provides management with information on day to day maintenance issues which require more extensive assessments.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external agencies and personnel.
- Participates in meetings as required.
To be successful, you have:
- Grade 12 supplemented by business or purchasing courses plus 5 years related experience in property management and property maintenance field (an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered).
- Sound working knowledge of agreements and contracts between contractors and the MVHC.
- Working knowledge of contractual law.
- Working knowledge of the Residential Tenancy Act.
- Considerable knowledge property maintenance procedures and practices.
- Demonstrated ability to independently and proactively manage and prioritize a high volume of maintenance requests and to process these requests in an efficient, timely and cost effective manner in a fast paced operational environment.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of business practices and procedures in accounts receivable, accounts payable and contract purchasing.
- Proficient in relevant property and maintenance systems and other related computer software.
- Strong communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Ability to deal with situations which require sensitivity and good customer service skills.
- Demonstrate a willingness and ability to undertake additional training relating to the duties of the position.
- Valid BC Driver’s License.
Metro Vancouver embraces collaboration and innovation in providing sustainable regional services that contribute to a livable and resilient region and a healthy natural environment for current and future generations.
Please follow this link http://www.metrovancouver.org/about/careers/ to our Careers page where you can submit your application by November 6, 2020
View Original Source Source