Health and Safety Advisor
The City of Campbell River is seeking a full-time Health and Safety Advisor
Why Campbell River?
Campbell River offers a rare combination of a welcoming small town feel with large city amenities. From summer markets and street events to an active arts and culture community to year-round, world class recreational opportunities, the Campbell River lifestyle is unparalleled. We are a 45 minute drive from the top of Mt. Washington and just minutes from over 100 km of mountain biking and hiking trails. We are surrounded by the ocean, rivers and lakes for sports fishing, kayaking, paddle boarding… and whale watching.
This growing community is served by a brand new hospital, ferry terminal to the Discovery Islands, Campbell River Airport (YBL) with daily 35 minute flights to Vancouver, municipal broadband infrastructure, a School District with innovative programs, and North Island College that boasts over 70 programs in seven areas of study.
As part of the Human Resources Team, you will work collaboratively with the management team, employees, union representatives, contractors and external stakeholders. You will ensure the City’s compliance with health and safety regulations and practices, promote a positive, healthy and safe workplace, and ensure a coordinated, proactive approach to disability management, including workplace accommodations.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- An undergraduate degree or diploma in Occupational Health and Safety, or other relevant program.
- A Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) or Certified Health and Safety Consultant (CHSC) designation.
- An Occupational First Aid Level 2 certification or equivalent.
- Five years or more of recent experience designing and implementing safety programs, conducting safety audits, delivering safety related training, and administering disability management programs and worker’s compensation claims – preferably within a municipal unionized environment
Who you are!
- Highly self-motivated and organized, with excellent time management skills
- Employ a collaborative approach, with an ability to influence and gain the cooperation of others
- An active listener, able to resolve conflict through a coach approach, with a professional and calm demeanor
- Advanced analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Diplomatic and relationship-focused, you treat everyone with respect and dignity
The City of Campbell River offers a competitive salary for this excluded position, as well as an attractive benefit and vacation package.
- No two days are the same
- You get to spend time in all departments, building relationships and a first-class health and safety program
- You will receive support for ongoing professional development
- This position works 8:30am to 4:30pm, Monday through Friday
This posting closes on Sunday, March 7, 2021.
Please send your resume with covering letter, quoting Competition EXT-21-13 to:
Human Resources Department, City of Campbell River
301 St. Ann’s Road, Campbell River, BC V9W 4C7
Fax: (250) 286-5760
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those short listed for interviews will be contacted.
View Original Source Source