Hardware Desktop Support Technician
To be determined
HOURS OF WORK:
35 Hours per Week
4:00 p.m., October 2, 2020
Encompassing an unparalleled geographic region in the heart of British Columbia, the Thompson-Nicola Regional District (TNRD) offers the best of both worlds. Urban life within vibrant communities and outlying rural regions that showcase the region’s beauty – pristine but rugged mountains, rolling grasslands, lush evergreen forests, and both historical and modern areas, all within 45,000 square kilometres. Headquartered in the City of Kamloops, the TNRD provides a wide range of local government services to the population of 130,000 living within its 11 diverse municipalities and 10 electoral areas.
Reporting to the Manager of Technology Services, this position involves logging customer calls, investigating, assessing and resolving software, hardware and telephone problems. The Support Technician is responsible for the documentation of processes, inventory and helpdesk reporting. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, highly organized and able to balance priorities.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Create training documentation, provide training, and support users
- Receive helpdesk requests and trouble incidents; identify the problem and prioritize the resolution requirements; update work in progress and resolutions for service requests and trouble incidents.
- Perform hands-on troubleshooting individually and in coordination with other technical resources to provide root cause determination and solutions.
- Create a document knowledge base with outcomes to help reduce escalations and recognize when to escalate a ticket.
- Software and hardware installation, removal, testing, configuration, and operation.
- Maintain all equipment and software while adhering to security standards and procedures
- Completion of a certificate program in computer sciences from a technical institute, and a minimum of 2 years experience working in an IT support role;
- OR an equivalent combination of education, training and related experience
Required Knowledge,Skills and Abilities
- Considerable knowledge of desktop computers, data processing, and Microsoft Windows- based environments, including Microsoft Office Suites, Windows Operating Systems (desktop and server), and browser technology.
- Knowledge of wide and local area networks, network and computer peripherals, and telecommunications equipment.
- Ability to support mobile computer technology, including Apple IOS and Android, as application platforms.
- Ability to troubleshoot, analyze and resolve a variety of software and network-related problems, and write technical documentation.
- Ability to work independently while interacting in a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and listening skills.
- Ability to frequently lift 20 kg required to perform hardware installations.
The following would be an asset:
- Helpdesk software experience
- Experience working in a public sector service-oriented environment
This position falls under the provisions of the Collective Agreement with the BCGEU and is subject to a market rate adjustment. The hourly wage for this position is $31.18.
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00 p.m. on October 2, 2020, quoting Competition #2020-037.
Applications must include a cover letter and a resume outlining your qualifications and experience.
This position requires a Criminal Record Check and completion of a driver’s abstract.
Thank you for considering the Thompson-Nicola Regional District as a place to share your talents!
While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
View Original Source Source