Join our dynamic, growing team committed to connecting local food through technology, community, support and resources. Currently there are close to 50 members at various stages of their food business in all three Commissary Connect locations. We are on a mission to create a viable way to connect food hubs and commissaries all across the province to each other, while also eventually increasing that reach nationwide.
To accomplish this, we require a Graphic Designer who will assist us in the Design and Development of a New Product Catalogue, this catalogue will allow for a simple selection process of our new product lines. This opportunity will be exciting, full of challenges, and full of rewards. This individual must be a self-starter, fluent with CAD, and all aspects of Adobe Professional Suite. We are looking for a detail-oriented, organized and polished individual with a bright, caring and outgoing professional personality. The right fit is someone kind, team-oriented, innovative and enjoys multi-tasking.
Job title: Graphic Designer
Job type: Full time, permanent and indeterminate (at least 40-hours/ week.)
Job Location: 8811, Laurel Street, Vancouver, BC V6P 3V9
Wages: CAD $55,000-65,000 per annum (Negotiable with skill set and experience)
Start date of employment: As soon as possible
Experience: 2 years of relevant work experience as a Graphic Designer and Illustrator is required. Candidates with education in designing or computers is preferred.
Minimum Education: A university degree in visual arts with specialization in graphic design, commercial art, graphic communications or cartooning or Completion of a college diploma program in graphic arts is required.
Positions Available: 01
Responsibilities and Duties
• Consult with clients to establish the overall look, graphic elements and content of communications materials in order to meet their needs
• Drive creative delivery from concept to final execution to meet client objectives.
• Consult with and present to internal clients as needed, providing design concepts and tactical guidance to meet our objectives.
• Be responsible for the design, layout, and formatting of materials. Designs may integrate typographic, photographic, illustrative, and graphic elements.
• Prepare uniquely inspiring images that will be featured in various creative projects, which could include brochures, catalogs presentations, direct mail, corporate identity, packaging, and web/mobile sites
• Determine the medium best suited to produce the desired visual effect and the most appropriate vehicle for communication
• Develop and produce realistic or representational sketches and final illustrations, by hand or using computer-assisted design (CAD) software, for printed materials such as books, magazines, packaging, greeting cards and stationery
• Prepare sketches, layouts and graphic elements of the subjects to be rendered using traditional tools, multimedia software and image processing, layout and design software
• Estimate cost of materials and time to complete graphic design
• Use existing photo and illustration banks and typography guides or hire an illustrator or photographer to produce images that meet clients’ communications needs
• Co-ordinate all aspects of production for print, audio-visual or electronic materials, such as Web sites, CDs and interactive terminals
• Work in a multidisciplinary environment
Qualifications and Skills
• A demonstrated ability to think and work independently in a detail-oriented fashion.
• Creative ability and artistic talent, as demonstrated by a portfolio of work
• Demonstrate strong design knowledge and expertise in various software applications
• High proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
• Ability to design for web and other digital media
• Must be a highly organized person with excellent communication skills, strong client service skills and very detail-oriented.
• Experience with After Effects a plus
• A willingness to learn the use of new technologies
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
How to Apply:
Please apply via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
View Original Source Source