Located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the Musqueam, Squamish, and Tsleil-Waututh, West Vancouver is a vibrant community on the North Shore and home to parks, beaches, and to sports, recreation and arts amenities. We are seeking employees with a passion for public service who share our commitment to creating a complete, inclusive and livable community. Our dedicated staff deliver services, operate facilities and run the programs that enhance the well-being of our community. Work for West Vancouver and become part of our team.
The District has an immediate opening for a Casual Graphic Designer to work flexible hours for both the Community Services Department and the Community Relations & Communications Division, averaging approximately two days per week.
This position involves a wide variety of graphic design work. Reporting to the Marketing Coordinator or the Communications Advisor, this position will be responsible for developing engaging, relevant and varied content for web, social media, print, and specialty items. Additional duties include development and organization of digital assets, including templates, photos, videos, files and archives.
The preferred candidate will possess:
- Sound knowledge of graphic design methods, practices, techniques, equipment, and materials as they relate to work performed.
- Strong knowledge of computer software and hardware as it relates to work performed.
- Sound knowledge of corporate communications objectives, policies and requirements related to the work.
- Considerable knowledge of digital communications, social media, related analytics and online marketing for a large municipality.
- Ability to shoot and edit videos and photos.
- Ability to prepare press-ready artwork, sketches, brochures, forms, advertisements and related promotional and informational material and to proofread same.
- Ability to provide oversight, feedback and direction to contracted design service providers, as required.
- Ability to interpret and clarify design requests, identify objectives and recommend graphic concepts.
- Ability to work collaboratively, coordinate approvals and ensure deadlines are met. The successful candidate has completed:
- A diploma in commercial or graphic arts or equivalent combination of courses and experience.
- Minimum two years’ work experience in production and graphic design.
- Experience taking projects from concept to publication.
Attachments: Please submit a cover letter, resume and three samples of work.
The successful candidate is required to supply a police information check.
This posting does not list all the duties of the position, nor does it fully detail the required skills, knowledge and abilities, licenses and certificates required of candidates. For details please refer to the Class Specification which is available for inspection in the Human Resources Department or on Westnet.
Union (WVMEA) – Casual
Hours of Work:
2-3 days per week (hours and days of work may vary)
Rate of Pay:
$36.51 – $38.74 per hour plus 12% in lieu of benefits
11:59 p.m. Sunday, January 31, 2021
Please visit the District of West Vancouver’s Career
Centre at westvancouver.ca/careers to apply for this position.
We want to thank all applicants, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
View Original Source Source