WHO WE ARE
As a recognized leader in emergency communications, E-Comm is an organization that provides first responders and the public with critical life-safety services in communities across B.C. Our people are passionate about their work and public safety. We operate two emergency communications centres – one located in Vancouver and one in Saanich. E-Comm also provides integrated police and fire call taking and dispatch services to more than 70 police and fire departments and owns/operates the largest multi-jurisdictional, tri-service wide-area radio network in B.C. We are proud to serve communities across this beautiful province through our four operational and administrative locations in Vancouver, Burnaby and Saanich. Learn more at www.ecomm911.ca
WHO YOU ARE
We are looking for an individual who thrives on making a difference and who embraces challenges, variety, diversity and our corporate values of respect, integrity, collaboration, accountability and service. Under the guidance of the GIS Analyst, an incumbent is responsible for providing specialized technical and analytical support related to the use of the Geographic Information System. The incumbent performs a variety of duties relative to the assembly of spatial and non-spatial data; production of maps and related reports; routine data quality control procedures; and assists in system troubleshooting. More difficult or unusual problems are discussed with a superior who reviews work performance in terms of conformance to established standards.
- An ambitious person who has demonstrated abilities in a fast paced, dynamic working environment?
- Comfortable taking ownership of your actions and behaviors?
- Curious and always taking the initiative to improve processes?
- Committed to being honest and trustworthy while conducting yourself in a way that is ethical and reliable?
- Resourceful and responsive to internal team members and external clients?
- Innovative and look for solutions when confronted with challenges?
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Consults with users about requests for GIS information, creates menus and data tables and linkages to spatial databases, writes database queries, application scripts and customized routines of varying complexity to access specific data or generate reports from the geographic database and related systems to meet users needs.
Monitors and ensures the GIS database is routinely updated; liaises with internal and external contacts to ensure a steady flow of current spatial and non-spatial data; carries out specific quality control procedures for new and existing data.
Identifies software and hardware problems and responds to related user inquiries, notifies and maintains liaison with the system vendor and equipment service companies; carries out test procedures on system modifications; documents system changes, procedures and problems.
Performs basic system administration tasks such as setting up user profiles, assigning access levels.
Provides input and recommendations regarding the development, alteration or refinement of the geographic system’s capabilities to better meet the users needs.
Performs related work as required.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
Completion of a Geographic Information System post diploma program; plus sound related experience; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Police Security Clearance applicable to the position must be acquired and maintained.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Meaningful work – work with a sense of purpose, supporting the public and first-responders.
- Competitive salary – with the opportunity for increases.
- Generous vacation plan.
- Earned Time Off – eligibility to participate in our Accumulated Time-Off Program.
- Excellent extended health and dental benefits.
- Employee Savings Plan – employer matched contributions to a savings account.
- Pension – we are members of the Municipal Pension Plan, a defined benefits fund.
- Career development – we are supportive in developing your skills while pursuing your career at E-Comm.
- Number of positions: One (1)
- Job status: Regular Full-Time
- Hours of work: Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week
- Wage/Salary: PG 24 | $37.20 to $43.89 hourly; $77,376 to $91,291 annually (2020 rates)
- Employee Group: CUPE, Local 873
- Department: Technology Services
- Location: Business and Technology Centre – Still Creek Drive, Burnaby, BC
- CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Monday, January 11, 2021 @ 11:59pm Pacific Time
HOW TO APPLY
Click here and follow the instructions provided to submit your application
View Original Source Source