Be a part of something great!
GIS Specialist (Up to 2)
Competition File #: 21-U008
Web Site: tol.ca
Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 135,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for up to two regular full-time GIS Specialists to join our team of professionals in the Corporate Administration Division, Information Technology Department. Reporting to the Manager, Geomatics Services, in this unionized position you will perform a variety of technical and analytical functions related to the use of the Geographic Information System as it relates to infrastructure asset management.
- Receive and process requests for GIS information, GIS analysis, GIS outputs such as hardcopy maps or digital maps
- Develop database queries, application scripts and customized routines of varying complexity to access and GIS and associated data
- Develop and maintain scripts utilizing FME desktop and server
- Assist in the development of ArcGIS applications based on user requirements and in developing procedures and standards for data collection and integration
- Maintain the ArcGIS enterprise Geodatabase using various routines and methods to enter, update, edit, data and ensure data integrity and quality control
- Generate reports from the geographic databases and related systems to meet user needs
- Make recommendations regarding the development of the geographic system capabilities, evaluate software products and troubleshoot minor software/hardware issues
- Provide training and direction to other GIS users and explain new procedures and standards
- Respond to a variety of internal and external contacts and provide information and assistance to the public, as required
- Perform other related work, as required
- Completion of a Geographic Information System post diploma program, plus 3 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Considerable knowledge of the Esri suite of programs such as ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Server ArcGIS Pro, Collector, and ArcGIS Online
- Considerable knowledge and experience with Safe Software’s FME product line
- Sound knowledge of mapping principles, techniques and materials, of simple mathematics, coordinate geometry and survey computations
- Sound knowledge and experience with online web mapping
- Ability to formulate recommendations for system improvements and refinements and to direct the development and maintenance of the engineering components of the Geographic Information System
- Ability to prepare and execute a variety of computer application tools such as scripts, menus and routines of varying complexity related to the work performed
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications/licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
- BC Class 5 (full-privilege) driver’s license or equivalent driver’s license for where you reside. You must include with your application a current Personal Driving Record (select the 5 year option if obtaining online) that has been obtained within 6 months of the closing date. To obtain a copy of your Personal Driving Record, please contact ICBC directly or the driving authority where you reside. Please note that a copy of your Driver’s Licence and the Drivers Factor Report will not be accepted.
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $37.18 – $43.90 per hour (5 steps, 2020 rates) plus benefits. The hours of work are Monday to Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal closing date for this competition: January 22, 2021
External closing date for this competition: January 28, 2021
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
View Original Source Source