The City of Campbell River is seeking a full-time GIS Coordinator
Why Campbell River?
Campbell River offers a rare combination of a welcoming small town feel with large city amenities. From summer markets and street events to an active arts and culture community to year-round, world class recreational opportunities, the Campbell River lifestyle is unparalleled. We are 45 minutes from the top of Mt. Washington and just minutes from over 100 km of all level of mountain biking and hiking trails and are surrounded by ocean, rivers and lakes for sports fishing, kayaking, paddle boarding… and whale watching.
Reporting to the Information Technology Supervisor, you will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the GIS function and team, for ensuring the City’s GIS systems and data are managed efficiently, and for responding to the GIS informational needs of the City. In collaboration with the IT Supervisor and other departmental stakeholders, you will have a key role in developing, implementing and executing a GIS Strategic plan for the City of Campbell River. In this bargaining unit position, you will also be responsible for providing supervision and direction to the GIS team.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Bachelors’ Degree in GIS, Computer Science, Geomatics, Geography, Engineering or a related field from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Minimum of 5 years industry experience, largely focused on GIS and software applications including a minimum of 2 years at a coordinator level with supervisory experience within the last 7 years.
- Minimum of 3 years project management experience.
- Thorough knowledge of advanced geographic information concepts, systems and applications.
- Thorough knowledge of Geocortex Web Mapping framework, Geocortex Analytics, and ArcGIS Enterprise.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
The rate of pay for this permanent, full-time, CUPE bargaining unit position is $41.76 per hour based on a 35- hour work week and includes a comprehensive benefits package.
For more information on this exciting opportunity that lists all the necessary qualifications for this position, please visit www.campbellriver.ca/employment. Please include verification of your education and certifications with your application.
This posting closes on Monday, February 15, 2021
Please send your resume with covering letter, quoting Competition EXT-21-06 to:
Human Resources Department, City of Campbell River
301 St. Ann’s Road, Campbell River, BC V9W 4C7
Fax: (250) 286-5760
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those short listed for interviews will be contacted.
View Original Source Source