- A rare opportunity to take on a pivotal leadership role with one of the most respected names in the roofing industry
- Receive highly competitive annual salary, annual bonuses, and extensive benefits
- Enjoy working in a highly collaborative and supportive team environment
About TEK Roofing Ltd
If you’ve been to the iconic Sun Yat-Sen Garden in Chinatown or the historic Fairmont Hotel Vancouver on Georgia Street downtown Vancouver, chances are, you would have seen the iconic roofing craftsmanship on these widely-recognized architectural attractions. These are only a couple of the high profile projects that TEK Roofing have under our belt. Founded in 1990, we are a full-service roofing company specializing in heritage, architectural, unique, and custom restorations and projects.
At TEK, we pride ourselves with the quality of our craftsmanship while maintaining high standard of exceptional customer service, no matter how big or small the project is. We’ve proudly installed over a million square feet of roofing with industry-leading products and have over 30 years of experience planning, managing, and executing roofing, heritage conservation and restoration projects.
At TEK, we’re equally passionate about the individuals that make up our staff and drive the success of our brand. We’ve maintained a fun work culture where our employees can thrive and build a lifelong career thanks to the values our leaders live and breathe. Our leadership values are to live with integrity, to lead by example, and to deliver excellence, while also fostering a harmonious and team-oriented atmosphere for all. If you think you could embody our leadership values then we want to hear from you.
About the Opportunity
Currently, TEK is looking for a General Manager to join our team on a full-time basis, to build and expand our roofing division’s success, while overseeing day-to-day operations in our office in Coquitlam, BC.
As our new General Manager, you will wear many hats – as someone with big-picture decision-making abilities while also striving for perfection in small details. You will be working with a team of labourers and project managers to drive the business to new heights.
More specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing exciting new and re-roofing projects from start to finish, including estimating, budgeting, purchasing, managing supply chain, and setting up job sites
- Making required staffing, scheduling, hiring, and team deployment on variety of projects all over British Columbia
- Assuring that overall business is performing positively as indicated by key performance metrics
- Maintaining a focus on the company’s operational goals and organizing workloads accordingly
- Creating and maintaining meaningful relationships with building owners, property managers, vendors, contractors, engineers, and TEK team members
- Expanding new business while making sure that existing clients are satisfied with ongoing or finished projects
- Providing guidance, training, mentoring, development, and support to your direct reports which include labourers, field staff, and Project Managers
- Participating in the performance review process and approving any wage increases
- Driving continual improvement programs alongside the leadership team
- Analyzing contractual commitments, client specifications, design changes, and other data in order to drive continuous improvement and meet or exceed the expectations of our clients
In order to qualify for this role, you must have at least 5 years of relevant work experience in large-scale roofing industry. Our ideal candidate would have leadership and project management in their previous roles. Basic computer proficiency as well as experience with estimating software Bluebeam is an asset, but not required.
As the driving force in TEK’s business, you’ll be a highly motivated individual with excellent communication skills and a track record of leadership success. We are committed to finding the right person who will fit our culture of teamwork and camaraderie – someone who is a respectful decision-maker, will lead by example, flexible, and committed to integrity.
Above all, you’ll be a motivated and upbeat individual who wants to be hands-on while handling operational management responsibilities. Due to the demanding nature of the role, the successful candidate will need to be able to adapt to varying and sometimes unpredictable project schedules, working in and out of sites, and some nights and weekends during construction peak season.
About the Benefits
In return for your hard work and dedication, you will be awarded a highly competitive annual salary along with a wide host of benefits including:
- Annual bonuses and incentives based on performance
- Health and Dental Coverage after 3 months
- Service vehicle, laptop, and work cellphone will be provided
- Company-wide events including summer BBQs, employee and family socials, and big holiday parties
- Possible relocation allowance for the successful candidate in and outside the province
This position presents an opportunity to enter a pivotal leadership role and influence the growth and development of TEK Roofing Ltd. As part of our team, you will enjoy the opportunity to further develop and refine your leadership skills in a collaborative and supportive environment.
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to take on a pivotal leadership role with a rapidly growing organization!
TEK Roofing Ltd
View Original Source Source